Isn't C Dominic Raiola a free agent?

Detroit can't sign both or tag both.  I'd love to have Dominic at C and if we lose Jennings we could either swing Teague to LT or release him and switch MW to LT with McDougal coming on board.

201146[/snapback]

I've said it in other threads but Teague gave up 11.5 sacks in one season as a LT in Denver which is almost as many sacks Jennings has given up for his career (13.5) in other words moving Teague to LT is a bad move. In terms of signing McDougal and shifting Williams to LT. Not a bad idea but I have serious concerns of BIG Mike at LT.

I've said it in other threads but Teague gave up 11.5 sacks in one season as a LT in Denver which is almost as many sacks Jennings has given up for his career (13.5) in other words moving Teague to LT is a bad move. In terms of signing McDougal and shifting Williams to LT. Not a bad idea but I have serious concerns of BIG Mike at LT.

201160[/snapback]

I didn't know it was that bad! I was sort of concerned but then I read an article that said Leonard Davis made the transition in the same year and is now really impressing. He also was looked at as a bust and they even played him at G. Now people say he's the real deal. I think Mike's a better lineman than Davis so he should be able to make the move.

I didn't know it was that bad!  I was sort of concerned but then I read an article that said Leonard Davis made the transition in the same year and is now really impressing.  He also was looked at as a bust and they even played him at G.  Now people say he's the real deal.  I think Mike's a better lineman than Davis so he should be able to make the move.

201165[/snapback]

Let's not forget that Davis played LT at Texas, meanwhile BIG Mike played opposite him at RT. Even after Davis left Texas Williams remained at RT. I know some will say inpart because Chris Simms was a lefty but let's remember Major Applewhite played at the same time and was a righty. Time will tell if Williams can make the transition as Davis did. We can only hope he can.

I think Teague should be kept around, but in a backup role. The Bills' biggest offseason need, IMO, is depth on the line. My confidence level would jump 200 percent if TD could sign a top-tier center and solid LT (or re-sign Jennings to a fair deal). Do that, and draft another decent lineman, and we will be playing in late January next year.