Rectify ...anyone else watching? From Breaking Bad producers

Buftex

There is a new series called "Rectify" , created by some of the people involved with "Breaking Bad".

My god, it is terrific. There have only been 5 episodes so far, with the season finale next week. It has been picked up for a second season, of, presumably, 12 or 13 episodes.

It is the story of a guy who gets off of death row, after 19 years, when new DNA testing reveals that he may not have been a murderer. It takes place in a small Georgia suburb. Great writing, great acting. I don't want to go overboards, as it is still new, but it may be one of those "pantheon" shows for me (Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men..a cut above the rest). The only actors I recognize from anything are Abigail Spencer (played the school teacher that Don Draper had a daliance with in the second season of "Mad Men") and a brief (so far) appearence from Hal Holbrook.

The only kicker is, the show is on the Sundance channel, which not everyone gets.

It seems Sundance picked up exclusive re-run rights to the first 4 seasons of "Breaking Bad"...as a tie-in, they showed the "Rectify" premiere, on AMC, one Sunday night, after "Mad Men". Funny thing is, I don't get the Sundance Channel on Time Warner, proper, but up in the Time Warner menu of "on-demand" channels, there is channel called "Free On Demand", which happens to have some Sundance programming, including "Rectify"....

Consider yourself warned!