Indy better win it all soon

maddog

Indianapolis had better win the Super Bowl this year or next year. I just cannot see them keeping all of their talent around. James, Freeney and Wayne are all going to want big dollars. I know Polian said he is committed to keeping James, but if he does, how do you keep Freeney and Wayne as well? I think Freeney will make huge money if/when he becomes a free agent. I'm not sure when that is though.

Indianapolis had better win the Super Bowl this year or next year.  I just cannot see them keeping all of their talent around.  James, Freeney and Wayne are all going to want big dollars.  I know Polian said he is committed to keeping James, but if he does, how do you keep Freeney and Wayne as well?  I think Freeney will make huge money if/when he becomes a free agent.  I'm not sure when that is though.

200345[/snapback]

My feeling is, since they already signed Stokley to a 4 year extension,

Reggie Wayne will be gone after next year...But Stokley can very well

move into the 2nd WR position...>The Colts are not going to pay for

3 WRs.

Indianapolis had better win the Super Bowl this year or next year.  I just cannot see them keeping all of their talent around.  James, Freeney and Wayne are all going to want big dollars.  I know Polian said he is committed to keeping James, but if he does, how do you keep Freeney and Wayne as well?  I think Freeney will make huge money if/when he becomes a free agent.  I'm not sure when that is though.

200345[/snapback]

Freeney's contract expires after the 2008 season, though if I'm an agent I renogiate that rookie contract after 2006. He could try and make a stink this offseason as he's due to make 600k next season but in 2006 his base goes up to $5 million, but then steadies off his last two seasons with about $1 million in 2007 and $1.2 million in 2008. Wayne's contract is up after next season and fully expect him to shop his wares.