For once, I am PROUD of what the Bills accomplished!

My only issue with taking EJ was we could have made one more trade down and still got EJ. If you felt like there was going to be a huge run on QB's come the beginning of round 2 you could have easily traded back to the early to mid 20's and gotten EJ. adding another 2nd or 3rd plus picking EJ would have been a coup. Having 3 2nd rounders or 2nd's and 2 3rd's plus another 6th would have been excellent.

The EJ pick is going to make the Bills look like morons or secret geniuses. Just glad we made the initial trade down. Two somewhat early seconds and a third should help fill some holes on this roster. Still would have been nice to add a couple of more picks before taking EJ.

the problem with this thinking is that none of us have the inside info like the Bills do. They are on the phone with all of the other teams and the agents. They hear who is looking at who, who is trying to trade up/down. They have so much more info than we do. Buddy said he considered trading down a little further but felt pressure from other teams targeting Manuel. I would love to have one more 2nsd rounder at our disposal, but I'm happy we ended up with the guy we wanted. I hope EJ3 becomes the QB we have needed since Jimbo retired.

Buddy was asked about making a second trade in then first. You have to have a willing partner and adequate compensation. I had hoped SF would have traded with the Bills but they instead swapped picks with Dallas (got 74th pick too). Don't expect much wheeling and dealing tomorrow but if they can do it, it will have to be in the 4th. Get an extra pick or two to get depth. Good draft so far. Emphasis on mobility and speed. They might lose alot next season but it will not be a dull team.

• 2 weeks later...

And those two picks turned into Alonso and the TE Gragg. This looks good so far. We have a plan, we found people to attack that plan and we aren't making excuses about what we don't have. These young guys are going to grow together and turns some heads around the NFL. You can already see that Marrone is having a positive impact and culture of change, even with the vets. This my friends, is a very good thing. If we stay healthy, we stay competitive. These Bills will fight to the whistle blows and then some. This fans loves it.