Thinking About Running Backs

yungmack

Spiller is a great back if used right. And while Freddy is getting old, I don't think he's getting fragile. Football is a violent game and there's always a chance a player will get hurt. But I don't think Freddy's chances of getting hurt this year are any greater because he's been hurt the last couple. Choice isn't awesome be he's a good #3.

With only 6 picks, there are bigger fist to fry.

IMO, if you address a couple big time needs in the first three rounds, and Lattimore is still around after that, you grab him. I know we have other needs, but we're building for the long term. FJ is getting old and CJ has another year or two on his deal. You can always deal Lattinore for a higher pick once he heals, or you can keep him with CJ (or in place of him should CJ bolt after his contract ends). Worst case they waste a 4th rounder.... They do that all the time!!!!

I would definitely take Lattimore in the fourth round, with the possible exception of if we did not address positions of need in the first three, which is somewhat hard to believe we wouldn't, considering we could go QB, WR, OL, TE, LB, or DB.