Football Question

Tolstoy

Is it better to get into the playoffs, and lose before going to the Superbowl, or fail to get into the playoffs at all?

(a) If nothing is acceptable short of a Superbowl victory, then it is better to not get into the playoffs at all: easier schedule and higher draft picks.

(b) If winning is better than losing, then going to the playoffs is better than not going, even if it means losing before going to the Superbowl.

I don't think the Bills could have gone to the SB this year, even if they were very good. Very good teams get beaten on the road against other very good teams. I also subscribe to view (a). Hence, I am happy that the Bills did not make the playoffs, even though I am bored to tears this weekend with no game!

Is it better to get into the playoffs, and lose before going to the Superbowl, or fail to get into the playoffs at all?

(a) If nothing is acceptable short of a Superbowl victory, then it is better to not get into the playoffs at all: easier schedule and higher draft picks.

(b) If winning is better than losing, then going to the playoffs is better than not going, even if it means losing before going to the Superbowl.

I don't think the Bills could have gone to the SB this year, even if they were very good.  Very good teams get beaten on the road against other very good teams.  I also subscribe to view (a).  Hence, I am happy that the Bills did not make the playoffs, even though I am bored to tears this weekend with no game!

198640[/snapback]

Would you rather

A. Consort with the prom king or queen once ?

B. Play in the courtyard every year ?

It's all about choices and then moving on up ! <_<

I don't think the Bills could have gone to the SB this year, even if they were very good.  Very good teams get beaten on the road against other very good teams.  I also subscribe to view (a).  Hence, I am happy that the Bills did not make the playoffs, even though I am bored to tears this weekend with no game!

198640[/snapback]

Personally, I want our team to go as far as possible every year. Regarding this year, I think we could have beaten any of the NFC teams in the bowl. So I would have loved a shot at the playoffs.........you never know. We have a lot of talent on this team.

I hate those questions. Obviously, like anything in life you should want to achieve as much as possible and go as far as possible.

If you subscribe to the Super Bowl or nothing philosophy, than why not say Super Bowl or an 0-16 season?

Well, it's kind of like the question of whether you would prefer the Bills to have won one Superbowl (say 1990), and fail to make it back for the next three years, or to have done what they did.

I know a lot of people who would have preferred they win the one SB. I think I might agree with them now, after seeing year after year of mediocre teams being consigned to the dust heap of sports history. It would be nice to be on top once.