soccer - USMNT in the hex

Cugalabanza

What does "in the hex" mean?

It's some term to let people know that are a pretentious soccer fan. Other examples are pitch, nil-nil (the score of the vast majority of ties or matches - not games), friendlies, having many of your best players named Ronaldo with no last name, etc.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's some term to let people know that are a pretentious soccer fan. Other examples are pitch, nil-nil (the score of the vast majority of ties or matches - not games), friendlies, having many of your best players named Ronaldo with no last name, etc.

or troll...

:thumbdown:

Man, tough crowd.

AJ's a tough cookie. Don't get on his bad side. Ever since his famous "please come back AJ we love you thread" the fame has gone to his head!

I have no idea what hex means and I had to google it and I still don't know what it means.

AJ's a tough cookie. Don't get on his bad side. Ever since his famous "please come back AJ we love you thread" the fame has gone to his head!

I have no idea what hex means and I had to google it and I still don't know what it means.

I don't know what it means either, I just wanted to pick on bbb :lol:

Does it relate to the final 6 teams in CONCACAF trying to qualify for the WC?

And yes, I've decided that I'm ready to pass along the love torch to some of these other hosers who have left the site!!! I can't believe how many folks have left! Some of the best posters we have :(

Edited by ajzepp

I don't know what it means either, I just wanted to pick on bbb :lol:

Does it relate to the final 6 teams in CONCACAF trying to qualify for the WC?

And yes, I've decided that I'm ready to pass along the love torch to some of these other hosers who have left the site!!! I can't believe how many folks have left! Some of the best posters we have :(

Yes but in reality, 90% of the posters on this site are just DCTom's alternate ego.

So, Gringo Starr was starter of this thread. And, he used a term that you guys don't even know - now that really is pretentious!

You guys are obviously good guys, and I don't think played soccer in college. Because probably my biggest problem with the sport is that it's a known fact that the biggest douchebags on every campus across the country were the players on the soccer team.

So, Gringo Starr was starter of this thread. And, he used a term that you guys don't even know - now that really is pretentious!

You guys are obviously good guys, and I don't think played soccer in college. Because probably my biggest problem with the sport is that it's a known fact that the biggest douchebags on every campus across the country were the players on the soccer team.

But weren't the football players banging everyone's gf?

So this is my favorite team and favorite athlete of all time. At 1:21, is she projecting or is he coming out of the closet.

Edited by meazza

But weren't the football players banging everyone's gf?

So this is my favorite team and favorite athlete of all time. At 1:21, is she projecting or is he coming out of the closet.

LOL...maybe he's tired of sucking on the thumb? 0:)

I started playing at 4 y.o. and retired at 13 to start playing football...we always used to hack on the pansy soccer players in H.S., even though they were usually challenging for a sectional title and we sucked

At Bona, there was no football team, so the futbol players thought they were the kings of the campus........I thought it was just a Bona thing, and then I read one of Bill Simmons' mailbags where a guy brought up that no matter how much Bill is pushing soccer, he can't get into it because of the douchebag soccer players in college. Simmons said he thinks that's it took until he was 40 to start liking the game - because his memory has now faded of what dbags they were. (I think some major nudging from espn also persuaded him).

So, I'm waiting in line with my nephew at PNC Park for a Pirates-Sox game a few years ago - waiting for the park to open. And, I get talking to the guy next to me. Turns out he played soccer for Oklahoma. He had been an all star athlete in several sports, but stuck with soccer because it was his best, despite the fact that "it's played by a bunch of aholes." I couldn't believe he said it with no prompting.

Well, anyway, the sweetest thing was my senior year, I lived in a house about 5 houses from a bunch of soccer players, all of whom were after the girl who became my girlfriend......She had dated a few of them, but never put out. And, then she would say they must be going nuts seeing me sleep over here every night. This was after one of them told me point blank that she would never go out with me. She wants one of them!

At Bona, there was no football team, so the futbol players thought they were the kings of the campus........I thought it was just a Bona thing, and then I read one of Bill Simmons' mailbags where a guy brought up that no matter how much Bill is pushing soccer, he can't get into it because of the douchebag soccer players in college. Simmons said he thinks that's it took until he was 40 to start liking the game - because his memory has now faded of what dbags they were. (I think some major nudging from espn also persuaded him).

So, I'm waiting in line with my nephew at PNC Park for a Pirates-Sox game a few years ago - waiting for the park to open. And, I get talking to the guy next to me. Turns out he played soccer for Oklahoma. He had been an all star athlete in several sports, but stuck with soccer because it was his best, despite the fact that "it's played by a bunch of aholes." I couldn't believe he said it with no prompting.

Well, anyway, the sweetest thing was my senior year, I lived in a house about 5 houses from a bunch of soccer players, all of whom were after the girl who became my girlfriend......She had dated a few of them, but never put out. And, then she would say they must be going nuts seeing me sleep over here every night. This was after one of them told me point blank that she would never go out with me. She wants one of them!

lol, as much as I love the sport, I have no doubt that what you're saying is 100% true...always nice to get the girl in the end...well done :thumbsup: