Drafting High Round QBs

This isn't about any quarterback in particular, more about past drafting practices.

My question is: When was the last time a team drafted a QB in rounds 1-2 in following years?

I ask because we all know that the QBs in this class are a crapshoot, and next years look significantly better. If we draft high this year and they bust/underperform, then we are stuck with them for 3+ years and miss out on next year's elite performers.

I am of the mind we take a rd 3-4 QB, someone high risk, high reward. That way, if they struggle, we don't have to show the same committment to them for the following years, and can draft a true franchise guy early next year. And, if the boom-or-bust QB works out, then we have a great QB that we stole in a later round. Win-win.

Edited by ProbablyWrong

2011. The Panthers took Newton after taking Jimmy Clausen in the second round. Although Clausen wasn't highly rated.

I said in an earlier post we need two QBs. I wouldn't mind at all taking one in the second this year or even the first and then taking a potential franchise guy next year,