Pats* sign Brady to 3 year extension thru 2017

FluffHead

We routinely talk about divisional opponents on The Wall.

What are you so angry about? Long winter in Anchorage?

Long decades of being a Bills fan, and shaking my head at how much the Pats get the blame for that sad sack organization. Bills went 6-10 last year. Did they play the Pats 10x? Or did they get a ass whooping from many teams?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long decades of being a Bills fan, and shaking my head at how much the Pats get the blame for that sad sack organization. Bills went 6-10 last year. Did they play the Pats 10x? Or did they get a ass whooping from many teams?

We all know the Bills suck independently of the Patriots.

It's been written here numerous times how incredible it is that in a league designed for parity that the Bills could miss the playoffs 13 seasons in a row.

Hopefully in our lifetime that will change and Cheatriots*** fans will curse the name of the Buffalo Bills.

We all know the Bills suck independently of the Patriots.

It's been written here numerous times how incredible it is that in a league designed for parity that the Bills could miss the playoffs 13 seasons in a row.

Hopefully in our lifetime that will change and Cheatriots*** fans will curse the name of the Buffalo Bills.

As they did in the late 80's mid 90's. Is this a generation thing?

Here is what gets me since the salary cap tons of players have restructured their contract to help their team nut when Tom Brady does it "OMG he is a Hero"' "He just want to Win" give me a break, Brady is such a con, he is not losing a penny by restructuring his deal I am not saying he shouldn't get paid but don't act like you're some kind of hero

57M + 13.6M of carryover monies from previous contract = 70.6M

Ignoring how it appears at the start, look directly at the 2015 season.

At that point he will have earned:

2013: 1m salary + 6m signing bonus + 3.2m of previous contracts signing bonus + 3.6m of previous contract restructure bonus = 13.8m

2014: 2m salary + 6m signing bonus + 3.2m of previous contracts signing bonus + 3.6m of previous contract restructure bonus = 14.8m

2013 + 2014 total = 28.6m

At this point he still has 18m of his signing bonus(guaranteed money) left to factor......and according to the article you linked, the 24m from the salaries of the 2015-2017 seasons become guaranteed.

This means that after 2 years, his deal is worth 70.6m(28.6m + 18m + 24m) regardless to whether he retires after the 2014, 2015 or 2016 season.

I imagine that there would be a payback clause which would reduce the money by 6m/season not played.....but that has not been reported.

Even if that were the case, retiring after 2015 would mean 58.6m over 3 year....19.5m/year.

Got it. Although I'd be willing to lump that under money paid for his previous years. It would be interesting to see how much total money he's made over the past decade.