A Glimmer of Hope, the Bills Still not committed to keeping Fitz on th

BuffBill

Not at all. Nix is solid, and took on a disaster of a franchise coming in here. and Overdorf does the money.

Nix wil be here for the next 3 years easily,

Nix is solid?... :lol:

There is so much evidence to that contrary of that statement right here on TBD, I'll just leave it up to the search option to make the counter argument...

But thanks anyway...I needed a good laugh today... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. In the literal sense of "arm strength", my description was inaccurate. Allow me to be more specific. Ryan Fitzpatrick does not have the physical skill set to consistently complete a football 20 yards or further past the line of scrimmage during an NFL game. His lack of said physical attributes cause him to be highly inaccurate when throwing passes this distance. In fact, Ryan's inconsistency in this regard has allowed teams to game plan accordingly, meaning they jump shorter routes Fitzpatrick is more apt to throw, given the afore mentioned lack of physical traits. This is not a quality I wish for the quarterback of my favourite team. Therefore, it would please me if Ryan were released and set free to pursue employment with another franchise in the National Football League (or Arena Football League).

In terms of arm "strength", Mr. Fitzpatrick certainly can throw a ball 20 yards and further, a notion your superbly researched video supports. In fact, he can even be accurate on occasion, which is also evident in your video. As an avid Bills fan since 1979, I am ecstatic that a man we have paid $21 million dollars in a new contract has the arm "strength" to hurl a piece of leather that far every so often.

My apologies for "warping" the definition of arm "strength". In future posts, I will defer to your not-so-subtle lesson in the English language and be sure to be much more careful with my words. Also, thank you for your checking my condescending attitude. It was highly inappropriate to act like someone who would post a video from 2009 to prove that Ryan Fitzpatrick indeed has the arm "strength", in its literal form, to throw a football 20 yards. I appreciate it.

Let's be serious marauder. You and I both know there are people who agree with you that are a lot less eloquent and reasonable. I suppose I projected that image onto you.

I personally think, in a now new offensive scheme, RF has the attributes to be a non factor to positive factor more often than not. With a better recieving core and defense this team would be manageable. However, I'm not blind enough to think we'll win a Superbowl with the guy, unless he plays like he did against the pats in 2011, for the entire season.

I just don't understand the blind hatred, not from you, but the others. If there's a better guy, put him in, if not keep RF. Restructure or cut him if he won't restructure as a backup.

Why does there need to be a debate on where we send his arms and legs after some TBD posters disembowel the guy?

I also don't understand how the people who are so gung ho about driving Fitz out, can make excuses for the rest of the team. Let's look at some other offensive guys.

TJ Graham - runs the wrong routes, stone hands, quick

Scott Chandler- stone hands, slow, somehow gets open sometimes, drops drive sustaining passes

Offensive Line- gives our QB an average of 2 seconds to throw the ball, damn shame we have to throw short with that much time. QB gets hit every play. Yet good run blocking

Running backs- really the only good part of the offense

Stevie Johnson - slow, can't get open deep, single handedly eliminated us from our first playoff game in 10 years, yet good hands, great ability to get open

And finally,

Ryan Fitzpatrick- inconsistent, not great arm "strength/accuracy" deep. Somehow makes plays and scores, not considered "clutch"

That's really not a great squad all together, yet somehow if we get Barkley or anyone else, Chandler will develop hands, Stevie will be faster on the deep routes and TJ will have learned the offense. And our line will be able to pass block for 5 seconds consistently. Except none of those things will happen because of the QB.

Mark my words, if another QB starts that has a slower release than RF, he's dead. Like Vick's

concussion filled season.

Edited by FireChan

Let's be serious marauder. You and I both know there are people who agree with you that are a lot less eloquent and reasonable. I suppose I projected that image onto you.

I personally think, in a now new offensive scheme, RF has the attributes to be a non factor to positive factor more often than not. With a better recieving core and defense this team would be manageable. However, I'm not blind enough to think we'll win a Superbowl with the guy, unless he plays like he did against the pats in 2011, for the entire season.

I just don't understand the blind hatred, not from you, but the others. If there's a better guy, put him in, if not keep RF. Restructure or cut him if he won't restructure as a backup.

Why does there need to be a debate on where we send his arms and legs after some TBD posters disembowel the guy?

I also don't understand how the people who are so gung ho about driving Fitz out, can make excuses for the rest of the team. Let's look at some other offensive guys.

TJ Graham - runs the wrong routes, stone hands, quick

Scott Chandler- stone hands, slow, somehow gets open sometimes, drops drive sustaining passes

Offensive Line- gives our QB an average of 2 seconds to throw the ball, damn shame we have to throw short with that much time. QB gets hit every play. Yet good run blocking

Running backs- really the only good part of the offense

Stevie Johnson - slow, can't get open deep, single handedly eliminated us from our first playoff game in 10 years, yet good hands, great ability to get open

And finally,

Ryan Fitzpatrick- inconsistent, not great arm "strength/accuracy" deep. Somehow makes plays and scores, not considered "clutch"

That's really not a great squad all together, yet somehow if we get Barkley or anyone else, Chandler will develop hands, Stevie will be faster on the deep routes and TJ will have learned the offense. And our line will be able to pass block for 5 seconds consistently. Except none of those things will happen because of the QB.

Mark my words, if another QB starts that has a slower release than RF, he's dead. Like Vick's

concussion filled season.

The simple answer to the question you seem to be posting is that Fitz is a QB...And I'm quite sure you understand the scrutiny that is attached to that position in comparison to others...QB is king and everyone knows it...

I do find it interesting that you see Fitz as this guys who scores points regularly despite the fact that he's overcoming this terrible lack of talent...When in reality Fitz is a proven turnover machine with the most turnovers (INT's and fumbles lost) of ANY NFL QB over the past three years combined...Fitz turns the ball over at a clip of 1.5 times per game...You can't hide that, nor can you make excuses for it...He's #1...Period...

Your assessment of the Bills O-Line as it is now is just off...Do the Bills have the best o-Line in the league?...No they do not...Is it light years better than it was 5 years ago? You bet it is...I've seen Fitz have plenty of time to throw over and over again only to throw the ball off target, or chuck and duck at the last possible moment...He cannot extend a play to save his life...He a decent straight ahead runner but his pocket presence and ability to slide in order to get a completion is terrible...His accuracy plummets when he's asked to anything besides take the exact proper drop and get the ball off on time perfectly...He's the polar opposite of the-type QB that excels in today's NFL...Even tall, lanky, and much slower QB's like Brady and Flacco are 100 times better at extending plays and making something out of nothing than Fitz is...Don't even mention the QB's like Brees, Big Ben and Rodgers who are the best at extending plays in and out of the pocket...It's like they are in a completely different league than Fitz...

I also think you're selling Chandler WAY short...

But this gets back to the same thing some of us have been trying to explain for a while around here...The Bills have needs all over this Team...That does not excuse Fitz whatsoever...The two, or three, or four things can and have coexisted on this team for some time now...Just because folks don't complain as much about the other shortcomings on this team does not make Fitz any better...And to some of us, Fitz was never good enough, and we warned Bills fans like you of that exact fact 3 years ago...So sure we're tougher on Fitz because we knew he was not good enough then, and all he did to change our minds was have a decent 6 game stretch at the beginning of 2011...That stretch was surrounded by the fact that Fitz , once again, lead the entire NFL in the past 3 years combined in turning the ball over...So darn right we're going to be more critical of Fitz...It's a QB's league...We've watched the Bills pass on young QB's who are light years better than Fitz already, just because the Bills Coaching Staff and Front Office believed Fitz was the answer at QB...Something many of us never believed...Ever...So yes!...Absolutely we're tired of Fitz...And no question he takes the brunt of the blame...He should...He's a QB who lacks the physical skills to be a consistent winner in this league...He's now had 5 NFL seasons in which he has started at least 8 games...And his best record in those 5 Seasons is 4-4...And that was in 2009... The guy is now 23-44-1 as a starter in the NFL without a single season over .500...Is it all his fault? Of course not...But the evidence is pretty clear Fitz is what he is...The sample is more than big enough to make proper evaluations on Fitz...And the final evaluation should be he's not good enough...

And even if it's 100% unscientific, why in God's name would any team want to place their Franchise in the hands of a QB with the foul stench of losing and turning the ball over on him that Fitz has? Why? Move on...Cut your ties and move on from that guy...He was never good enough, he's not good enough now, and he'll never be good enough...So why bother?...

Anyway... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

there is no reason to cut him. he saves nothing, and if we cut him we have to pursue another FA QB which will suck $3-$5 million from our cap space.

if he does get cut it won't be until we have enough QB's on the roster. Even so Fitz may have short comings, and won't start but IMO he would be a good mentor>

I beleive he will restructre some because even after a pay reducing restructure here he won't make bigger money in FA

I doubt he wants to be a mentor. And WHEN we draft our next QB I don't want this guy teaching him anything. Let the coaches do that. He has nothing to offer. Bye-bye Please go

It all starts with the Qb.

They could have Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson, and they might have won a game or two more. If the guy can't get the ball to them, they are useless. What's so hard to understand about that?

+ 1000 % !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New coach, soon to be new GM and a new QB. Sure growing pains but at least some hope. With Fitz we are hopeless. he must go. Don't want him mentoring/fighting for a job. The nightmare must end

The simple answer to the question you seem to be posting is that Fitz is a QB...And I'm quite sure you understand the scrutiny that is attached to that position in comparison to others...QB is king and everyone knows it...

I do find it interesting that you see Fitz as this guys who scores points regularly despite the fact that he's overcoming this terrible lack of talent...When in reality Fitz is a proven turnover machine with the most turnovers (INT's and fumbles lost) of ANY NFL QB over the past three years combined...Fitz turns the ball over at a clip of 1.5 times per game...You can't hide that, nor can you make excuses for it...He's #1...Period...

Your assessment of the Bills O-Line as it is now is just off...Do the Bills have the best o-Line in the league?...No they do not...Is it light years better than it was 5 years ago? You bet it is...I've seen Fitz have plenty of time to throw over and over again only to throw the ball off target, or chuck and duck at the last possible moment...He cannot extend a play to save his life...He a decent straight ahead runner but his pocket presence and ability to slide in order to get a completion is terrible...His accuracy plummets when he's asked to anything besides take the exact proper drop and get the ball off on time perfectly...He's the polar opposite of the-type QB that excels in today's NFL...Even tall, lanky, and much slower QB's like Brady and Flacco are 100 times better at extending plays and making something out of nothing than Fitz is...Don't even mention the QB's like Brees, Big Ben and Rodgers who are the best at extending plays in and out of the pocket...It's like they are in a completely different league than Fitz...

I also think you're selling Chandler WAY short...

But this gets back to the same thing some of us have been trying to explain for a while around here...The Bills have needs all over this Team...That does not excuse Fitz whatsoever...The two, or three, or four things can and have coexisted on this team for some time now...Just because folks don't complain as much about the other shortcomings on this team does not make Fitz any better...And to some of us, Fitz was never good enough, and we warned Bills fans like you of that exact fact 3 years ago...So sure we're tougher on Fitz because we knew he was not good enough then, and all he did to change our minds was have a decent 6 game stretch at the beginning of 2011...That stretch was surrounded by the fact that Fitz , once again, lead the entire NFL in the past 3 years combined in turning the ball over...So darn right we're going to be more critical of Fitz...It's a QB's league...We've watched the Bills pass on young QB's who are light years better than Fitz already, just because the Bills Coaching Staff and Front Office believed Fitz was the answer at QB...Something many of us never believed...Ever...So yes!...Absolutely we're tired of Fitz...And no question he takes the brunt of the blame...He should...He's a QB who lacks the physical skills to be a consistent winner in this league...He's now had 5 NFL seasons in which he has started at least 8 games...And his best record in those 5 Seasons is 4-4...And that was in 2009... The guy is now 23-44-1 as a starter in the NFL without a single season over .500...Is it all his fault? Of course not...But the evidence is pretty clear Fitz is what he is...The sample is more than big enough to make proper evaluations on Fitz...And the final evaluation should be he's not good enough...

And even if it's 100% unscientific, why in God's name would any team want to place their Franchise in the hands of a QB with the foul stench of losing and turning the ball over on him that Fitz has? Why? Move on...Cut your ties and move on from that guy...He was never good enough, he's not good enough now, and he'll never be good enough...So why bother?...

Anyway... B-)

Great post :worthy: :worthy: :worthy::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . We cannot win with a turnover machine @ QB. We have zero chance, of winning a Superbowl with him. That's the point of playing isn't it ? Is Geno Smith the answer ? Matt Barkley ? Tyler Wilson ? (yes) :D . We don't really know. But we DO know, POSITIVELY know that Fitzpatrick isn't. Therefore he must go. Draft a Qb and if he proves he doesn't have what it takes, go get another one.

you don't put on underwear that has a turd in it because you're afraid the next pair may have two turds in it. you try on another pair. Let's say goodbye to "The Turd".

You don't put on underwear that has a turd in it because you're afraid the next pair may have two turds in it. You try on another pair. Let's say goodbye to "The Turd".

Disturbing analogy...Talk about painting a picture!!! :sick:

But well said nonetheless... :thumbsup:

It all starts with the Qb.

They could have Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson, and they might have won a game or two more. If the guy can't get the ball to them, they are useless. What's so hard to understand about that?

A game or two more and we make the playoffs. A non record breaking defense and we make the playoffs.

Great post :worthy: :worthy: :worthy::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . We cannot win with a turnover machine @ QB. We have zero chance, of winning a Superbowl with him. That's the point of playing isn't it ? Is Geno Smith the answer ? Matt Barkley ? Tyler Wilson ? (yes) :D . We don't really know. But we DO know, POSITIVELY know that Fitzpatrick isn't. Therefore he must go. Draft a Qb and if he proves he doesn't have what it takes, go get another one.

you don't put on underwear that has a turd in it because you're afraid the next pair may have two turds in it. you try on another pair. Let's say goodbye to "The Turd".

Yes, let's keep giving up on QB's in hopes we get the next Peyton Manning, Brees, Brady. Oh wait, none of those guys made the Superbowl. I guess they aren't worth it either, huh?

Our team is awful all around. The better we play and are seen as a franchise, more players will not hate coming here. But let's get the next Trent Edwards and win two games next year, then start it all over after 3 years.

Do you guys seriously have faith in the Bill's drafting choices? It's like you think Nix is gonna find the next superstar, yet you bash him in every other thread. The problem at OBD is the same at TBD. You all hope we'll find the next Brees who can carry an awful defense. Except only Brees and Brady have had defenses as bad as ours in the history in the NFL, that's 2 guys out of how many ever?

But yeah, Nix will find the guy, cut RF.

A game or two more and we make the playoffs. A non record breaking defense and we make the playoffs.

Yes, let's keep giving up on QB's in hopes we get the next Peyton Manning, Brees, Brady. Oh wait, none of those guys made the Superbowl. I guess they aren't worth it either, huh?

Our team is awful all around. The better we play and are seen as a franchise, more players will not hate coming here. But let's get the next Trent Edwards and win two games next year, then start it all over after 3 years.

Do you guys seriously have faith in the Bill's drafting choices? It's like you think Nix is gonna find the next superstar, yet you bash him in every other thread. The problem at OBD is the same at TBD. You all hope we'll find the next Brees who can carry an awful defense. Except only Brees and Brady have had defenses as bad as ours in the history in the NFL, that's 2 guys out of how many ever?

I'm sold!! EXTEND FITZ NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! You convinced me with the arm strength argument.

OMG. I get the feeling you aren't being serious but first off Manning, Brees and Brady have all been to and won Superbowls soooooo WTH.

Second, we are NOT going to play better with Fitz and his turnovers. Turnovers cannot be overrated, they are a vitally important stat.

Third, if a team is worried that they may pick another Trent Edwards then they should just fold the franchise and quit fooling the fans that they are trying to win.

And though our 'D' is not good........ they wouldn't be on the field near as much if we didn't have such pathetic play from our QB.

Are you suggesting that we build up the rest of the roster so it is Fitz proof ? I submit that that notion is incredibly naive and quite impossible. And just how many free agents (that want to win) will come here knowing what a pathetic organization this is, i.e. having Fitz as their QB ?

Get them a QB and the players (winners) will come. You simply have to keep trying to solidify the QB position. that is priority 1,2 and 3. Or management could just put their head in the sand and say "Buddy, we have no confidence in you at finding a QB so... let's just stop trying".. Brilliant !!!!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

OMG. I get the feeling you aren't being serious but first off Manning, Brees and Brady have all been to and won Superbowls soooooo WTH.

Second, we are NOT going to play better with Fitz and his turnovers. Turnovers cannot be overrated, they are a vitally important stat.

Third, if a team is worried that they may pick another Trent Edwards then they should just fold the franchise and quit fooling the fans that they are trying to win.

And though our 'D' is not good........ they wouldn't be on the field near as much if we didn't have such pathetic play from our QB.

Are you suggesting that we build up the rest of the roster so it is Fitz proof ? I submit that that notion is incredibly naive and quite impossible. And just how many free agents (that want to win) will come here knowing what a pathetic organization this is, i.e. having Fitz as their QB ?

Get them a QB and the players (winners) will come. You simply have to keep trying to solidify the QB position. that is priority 1,2 and 3. Or management could just put their head in the sand and say "Buddy, we have no confidence in you at finding a QB so... let's just stop trying".. Brilliant !!!!

You said the point of playing is winning a Superbowl. Obviously those 4 guys couldn't get it done, and those teams need to look for upgrades.

I'm suggesting we build the roster so it is anyone proof, yeah. I'm suggesting instead of cutting a manageable playmaker and replacing him with someone worse, we focus on our defense. Who broke records. No one on this team broke a negative record except the defense. The Jets had more turnovers and didn't break any records. They have Mark S. and won just as many games as us, because of our awful defense. RF is better than Mark, their defense is better than ours. RF on the Jets, 8-8 atleast, with a playoff berth. Mark S. on the Bills 0 -16. RF won us all 6 games in spite of the rest of the team.

How many free agent QB's wanna come here with our WR talent? How many free agent defensive players wanna come here with our record breaking awful defense?

RF is just as important to this team as Freddy, Spiller, and Stevie Johnson.

You said the point of playing is winning a Superbowl. Obviously those 4 guys couldn't get it done, and those teams need to look for upgrades.

I'm suggesting we build the roster so it is anyone proof, yeah. I'm suggesting instead of cutting a manageable playmaker and replacing him with someone worse, we focus on our defense. Who broke records. No one on this team broke a negative record except the defense. The Jets had more turnovers and didn't break any records. They have Mark S. and won just as many games as us, because of our awful defense. RF is better than Mark, their defense is better than ours. RF on the Jets, 8-8 atleast, with a playoff berth. Mark S. on the Bills 0 -16. RF won us all 6 games in spite of the rest of the team.

How many free agent QB's wanna come here with our WR talent? How many free agent defensive players wanna come here with our record breaking awful defense?

RF is just as important to this team as Freddy, Spiller, and Stevie Johnson.

I got it. Welcome back, PDaddy. As important as Spiller? You are effing crazy.

He scored more. Kept us in games more. Had way more yards. How was Spiller quantitatively more of a contributor than RF? Or are you gonna start name calling when I throw out more and more facts?

Edited by FireChan

Dude , he is pulling our chain. let it go. His nonsensical responses prove he's either a kid or just pulling our chain. I do know that if he is on the Fitz bandwagon, it could get a ticket for trying to use the carpool lane.

Dude , he is pulling our chain. let it go. His nonsensical responses prove he's either a kid or just pulling our chain. I do know that if he is on the Fitz bandwagon, it could get a ticket for trying to use the carpool lane.

Because how many people agree with you dictates if you're right or not. Hitler had a ton of support, I guess he was right too, huh?

Edited by FireChan

Nope...I think he is serious. He and his dad probably have a heated discussion about it every time he goes upstairs to shower.

Because how many people agree with you dictates if you're right or not. Hitler had a ton of support, I guess he was right too, huh?

A Hitler reference? Wow. Stay classy.

Edited by Marauder24

Nope...I think he is serious. He and his dad probably have a heated discussion about it every time he goes upstairs to shower.

A Hitler reference? Wow. Stay classy.

A basement joke? Stay original.

At least I use my analogies to make a point, not to troll nonsensically.

Seriously? You have got to be freaking kidding!!! :w00t:

I'm thinking NFL Football might not be your thing...

Just saying... :lol:

Lol. Crazy.

I can't wait until that sorry piece of sh*t gets cut. I will pop a bottle of champagne to celebrate.

Edited by Marauder24