QB Talk

thewildrabbit

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I think most of you are missing is that Ryan Nassib wasn't highly recruited out of high school, the 82nd ranked QB that year. Greg Paulus was named the starter Nassib's freshman redshirt year so he hardly played at all the first year. That Syracuse team really had a bunch of nobody's as receivers too.

Nassib has suffered no major injuries throughout his college career, and he took some hard hits and got right back up. Plus he was a Big East all-academic selection every year since his freshman year.

That Syracuse team, and offense became good under Marrone / Hackett, and Nassib became a 1st / 2nd round draft pick because of those two men. So, I think whomever the Bills select at QB this year Marrone / Hackett will be able to coach them up, and develop them properly.

My take is once all the teams realize just how good Nassib is... some team will fall in love with him and snag him before the Bills if they don't take him with that 8th pick

READ THIS! http://nflsfuture.com/2013/01/16/ryan-nassib-scouting-report/

"Good luck finding someone with more intangibles than this guy. He and Tyler Wilson have that gunslinger mentality that I personally love. You can see the competitor come out and teams will fall in love with that spirit. There aren’t any concerns with him as a person or leader. Played in a pro-style offense under Doug Marrone dropping mostly from under center."

This writer states it would be a monumental mistake to take Nassib with that 8th pick. I think it would be a monumental mistake to wait until round 2 and lose out on the guy. This franchise has been without a top QB for almost 2 decades. I hope they take Nassib in the first and Bray in the 3rd.

The thing I think most of you are missing is that Ryan Nassib wasn't highly recruited out of high school, the 82nd ranked QB that year. Greg Paulus was named the starter Nassib's freshman redshirt year so he hardly played at all the first year. That Syracuse team really had a bunch of nobody's as receivers too.

Nassib has suffered no major injuries throughout his college career, and he took some hard hits and got right back up. Plus he was a Big East all-academic selection every year since his freshman year.

That Syracuse team, and offense became good under Marrone / Hackett, and Nassib became a 1st / 2nd round draft pick because of those two men. So, I think whomever the Bills select at QB this year Marrone / Hackett will be able to coach them up, and develop them properly.

My take is once all the teams realize just how good Nassib is... some team will fall in love with him and snag him before the Bills if they don't take him with that 8th pick

READ THIS! http://nflsfuture.co...couting-report/

"Good luck finding someone with more intangibles than this guy. He and Tyler Wilson have that gunslinger mentality that I personally love. You can see the competitor come out and teams will fall in love with that spirit. There aren’t any concerns with him as a person or leader. Played in a pro-style offense under Doug Marrone dropping mostly from under center."

This writer states it would be a monumental mistake to take Nassib with that 8th pick. I think it would be a monumental mistake to wait until round 2 and lose out on the guy. This franchise has been without a top QB for almost 2 decades. I hope they take Nassib in the first and Bray in the 3rd.

I want them to draft 2 Qb's as well.

It's pointless to continue trying to build this team without a decent QB. Complete careers have passed without the Bills making the playoffs! A decade of drafts that have produced nothing, and people want to use a 3rd round pick on a safety. How can anyone claim that it would hinder the development of the team (by "wasting" draft picks on too many Qb's) at this point?

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/nassib-dysert-and-manuel-a-metrics-breakdown/

Would love me 2 QB's as well.

This link compares Nassib's, Dysert's, and Manuel's locations thrown as well as a comparison of Nassib to Luck's throws from a year ago--almost identical where they were thrown in terms of distance and location.

READ THIS! http://nflsfuture.co...couting-report/

I'll bite. How does a guy have "more intangibles" - i.e. more things that aren't measurable?

Scouts aren't always that much smarter than the rest of us.

I'll bite. How does a guy have "more intangibles" - i.e. more things that aren't measurable?

Scouts aren't always that much smarter than the rest of us.

What he is stating is that it doesn't get much better then Nassib in terms of staying out of trouble, not failing drug tests, not getting a DUI. His character is about as flawless as you can get.

"There aren’t any concerns with him as a person or leader."

Unlike so many young players that get into trouble like QB Cam Newton who had several brushes with the law. Marcell Dareus also had his troubles. Few college players are squeaky clean from what I understand.

Glennon was compared most with Flacco.

I have converted and am now a Mike Glennon fan. Glennon has shown the ability to lead his team to comeback victories. He's very accurate. Throws a beautiful long ball and his pocket awareness is better than advertised. Watch film for yourself and draw your own conclusions.