OT- iPod

I just bought the Creative MuVo N200 ($190 on Amazon)....it has 1GB of flash memory (no hard disks), is the size of a cigarette lighter, runs on 1 AAA battery, and best of all, there's no software needed.  Just plug into a USB port and drag and drop files.

196469[/snapback]

1GB? Nowadays thats just not enough space.

1GB? Nowadays thats just not enough space.

196472[/snapback]

I've also got an older 30GB Creative Jukebox, which I now use as basically a hard drive in my home, but unless you're a DJ, who needs to be able to tote around and access 3,000+ songs on demand?? Plus, any jukebox is going to run on some proprietary rechargable battery that generally won't let you listen to the device for any period greater than 6-10 hours.

For me, the 1GB of memory--which holds 32 hours of WMA files or 16 hours of mp3 files--is more than enough for a portable device.

Can't talk on the Creative, but I know the Dell DJ is easy.  Plug it in, install the software, and it turns the DJ into another drive in Windows (don't know about Macs).  Then to put music on the device, just drag and drop your MP3s.

Don't forget that iTunes Music Store uses DRM and limits what you can do with the music.

CW

196471[/snapback]

iTunes is just as easy (mac junky here... whoa.. watch out). The DRM stuff has never really bugged me. I listen to 'em on my iPod, and auth 'em on my computer at home and at work. I burn 'em to CD after I buy to archive anyways. Once they're burned to CD, they're fair game.

I've also got my iPod setup as a second boot device so I can boot off of it if my machine crashes.. you can install OS X right on to 'em.