A few questions on some players

boyst

I have been playing in my head with some defensive formations and what strengths players have and I cannot remember or find highlights to give me some insight; so I seek out some info...

Mario Williams - I remember him playing OLB in Houston but I only remember him rushing the QB. I do not know how good he was latterly against the run, could he scrape the outside, keeping containment from a standing position? Did he ever drop back to the flat?

Chris Kelsay - I typed in Chris Kelsay highlights in to Google and YouTube just to help find out what this guy can do... and got nothing. ...alright, all kidding aside, this guy was the SLB in the 3-4, correct? He was neutralized at the LOS in most cases, but could hold the edge from what I could remember - am I right? wrong? forgetting something?

Is there any chance of him having the speed enough to drop back or float coverage in the flats? Does he have the hands to make a bump on the offenders releasing?

Alex Carrington - Fluid hips and a long body help him maneuver through the grip of the blockers, does he have quick feet and agile motion to stay off the line 4-6 yards and come up to the play? I am not specifically asking if he can play a position, but could he play the role of something similar to a blitzing SS? He has a major tendency to upset the action of a play.

Athur Moats - He has a tendency to disrupt, much like Carrington, and he posses vision to move to the ball. If he is on the outside as a WLB, how much of a liability is he in pass protection against a 3rd WR or TE assuming he will have over the top help from a safety?

Mark Anderson - Am I crazy to think he did "ok" dropping to the flat and making a presence there as a pass defender?

Nick Barnett - I am not convinced he was mishandled last year, but I am also not convinced he is losing a step. What was his best attributes this past year? What did he lose from 2011?

Kyle Williams - Is there anything 100% official on his injury? I know it was at least rumored he is still having problems and this is concerning because he needs his leverage...

I am asking these questions trying to look at what Pettine has on his plate and what options he may have to meet these multiple schemes he is opening up about.

Also, if anyone wants to chime in on it, what FA's do we have on this defense that you feel we may retain? What are the chances:

Bryan Scott

Shawn Merriman

Jarius Byrd

Kyle Moore

Leodis McKelvin

Kirk Morrison

Spencer Johnson

The more you feel like offering the better it may be. I have been playing things out in my head a while to try to make a super terrific post on some things we might see...thank ya Bills fans.

Kyle Williams - Is there anything 100% official on his injury? I know it was at least rumored he is still having problems and this is concerning because he needs his leverage...

According to this article he is planning to have the surgery he had last year on his left ankle, this time on his right ankle. It's on the other foot, so it's not a continuing problem, just a similar one.

It references "buffalobills.com" so is presumably somewhat official. Apparently he made it through the last 12 games of the season without a back on his right cleat.

I'll delete the rest as all I have to offer is insubstantial personal opinion.