DRAFT INFLUX

tombstone56

With some 70+ juniors declared there is a larger pool depth and talent in many years, albeit not the qb class with more elite talent.some scouts commmented at the east west that you can get starting talent as late as the 4th this year . others commented that some of the FA this year might be in for a surprise because teams may wait for the draft rather than pursue available players.

any thoughts of bidding wars for players seem to be on hold as one scout i talked to said,, curious if its going to hold true.

by the way devon taylor is the real deal ...

I think the only FA's we sign this year are going to be our own.with maybe one middle of the pack LB. There is some talent in the draft and you can bet Nix will stick to his board maybe moving half a round to get a QB.

The Draft has some very good quality on the lines, some decent quality in the LB's (Love Jarvis Jones, but that back is a major question mark) and some spots of top talent everywhere else but QB. This years FA crop has talent most everywhere, but QB (Flacco ain't moving). I guess those two correlate, but I don't think the FA crowd has that much to worry about unless they are in the lower tier, then they always have something to worry about.

And, OP, I think you are talking about Devin (not Devon) Taylor from the Gamecocks? He is a very big dude, good physique, but should have had a far better season with every team focusing on Clowney. I like him in the 3rd or 4th round, but not before that. He showed well yesterday in the Collegiate Bowl, doing himself some favors, but it is going to be hard for him to rise up to the 1st round where he was projected pre-season. Sio Moore (UConn LB) actually caught my attention yesterday and I could see him being on the Bills draft board.

I think the only FA's we sign this year are going to be our own.with maybe one middle of the pack LB. There is some talent in the draft and you can bet Nix will stick to his board maybe moving half a round to get a QB.

I agree 100%. Sign our own FA's is job 1. You can bet LB's are next in the FA line-up, but for what scheme? Hybrid or whatever-- Pettine is a fundamentally a 3-4 guy.

I am guessing very nearly correct. I dont see us doing anything big in free agency. This year's focus is the draft.

Once signing Levtre and taking care of Byrd we are no longer wealthy against the cap. Another all important draft.

Hope we find 2 or 3 starters this time around. :flirt: