American Idol 2013

Gugny

I stopped watching American Idol by the 3rd episode in season 1. Simon Cowell mocking out losers was hilarious.

Its probably not for everyone, but the idea of going out and combing across the United States to find a superstar is appealing to some.

Music lover myself, so it appeals to me.

There is one problem I have with the process though, in my opinion If you want Americas true feelings, judges shouldn't critque the contestants until the day after you tally the votes up and right before the results are announced, so both Judges and contestans are put on the spot.

Folks are to easily swayed by critiques from the Judges as it stands now.

Edited by dog14787

Its probably not for everyone, but the idea of going out and combing across the United States to find a superstar is appealing to some.

Music lover myself, so it appeals to me.

There is one problem I have with the process though, in my opinion If you want Americas true feelings, judges shouldn't critque the contestants until the day after you tally the votes up and right before the results are announced, so both Judges and contestans are put on the spot.

Folks are to easily swayed by critiques from the Judges as it stands now.

What I get tired of is when elimination night comes and Seacrest asks the judges who should be eliminated and the judges give a roundabout non-answer. At least Simon had the guts to give his opinion.

What I get tired of is when elimination night comes and Seacrest asks the judges who should be eliminated and the judges give a roundabout non-answer. At least Simon had the guts to give his opinion.

:lol: kinda funny that a few seasons ago Cowell predicts Candace, (this years winner) would never be anything more then a singer in a cocktail lounge selling peanuts.

Candace used it as motivation :thumbsup:

Edited by dog14787

:lol: kinda funny that a few seasons ago Cowell predicts Candace, (this years winner) would never be anything more then a singer in a cocktail lounge selling peanuts.

Candace used it as motivation :thumbsup:

Yeah, but you could also just say that Idol has fallen so far from grace that even a singer who will end up beign nothing more than a singer in a coctail lounge selling peanuts can win the show :w00t:

Yeah, but you could also just say that Idol has fallen so far from grace that even a singer who will end up beign nothing more than a singer in a coctail lounge selling peanuts can win the show :w00t:

Candace knocking her 1st single out of the ball park makes your comment sound hilarious :w00t:

Candace knocking her 1st single out of the ball park makes your comment sound hilarious :w00t:

She knocked her first single out of the park?

She knocked her first single out of the park?

“I Am Beautiful” was a top five hit in its first week on the charts, entering the R&B Digital Songs tally at No. 5. The song is also No. 6 on Heatseekers Songs, No. 8 on R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Songs, No. 33 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, No. 39 on Hot Digital Songs, No. 40 on Hot Digital Tracks and No. 93 on the Hot 100.

Yup, Candace may go out now and buy a big peanut farm,

and sell lots of peanuts... :flirt:

Edited by dog14787

Pretty Cool...I bet you're following her on twitter....aren't ya :)

Edited by ajzepp

:lol: no, but shes worthy

man I just fell in love with the song and Candace's soulful rendition,

she/it really is beautiful

As much as I fell off the wagon this season, I thought she was easily the most talented and most consistent. Usually during the season there will be at least a couple performances that I'll download off of iTunes, but this year the only one I grabbed was Kree's version of "Crying", since it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I thought Angie was very talented, especially when she sang that one original piece of hers, and I could see her having a nice career. The only dude I thought was any good was Nick Boddington, but he didn't make it to the finals. But yeah, Candace seems like a genuinely awesome person so I'm really happy for her early success.

People can criticize Idol all they want, but you just can't argue with the track record of success they've had over the years, especially in terms of how many contestants went on to have legitimate careers in music or acting. It's pretty remarkable, really. Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, platinum albums, billboard #1s, etc, etc...pretty impressive stuff.

As much as I fell off the wagon this season, I thought she was easily the most talented and most consistent. Usually during the season there will be at least a couple performances that I'll download off of iTunes, but this year the only one I grabbed was Kree's version of "Crying", since it's one of my favorite songs of all time. I thought Angie was very talented, especially when she sang that one original piece of hers, and I could see her having a nice career. The only dude I thought was any good was Nick Boddington, but he didn't make it to the finals. But yeah, Candace seems like a genuinely awesome person so I'm really happy for her early success.

People can criticize Idol all they want, but you just can't argue with the track record of success they've had over the years, especially in terms of how many contestants went on to have legitimate careers in music or acting. It's pretty remarkable, really. Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, platinum albums, billboard #1s, etc, etc...pretty impressive stuff.

I agree,it really is impressive, and while all of us may not agree on the actual winner every season, all the contestants get a great deal of publicity to help kick start their careers.

Candace Glover should be an inspiration to all the budding young talent out there to show just because you don't break through the 1st time, try, and try again. This was Candace's 3rd tryout on Idol after being told by one of the most renowned talent critiques in the world, Simon Cowell, she would never be nothing more then a cocktail Lounge singer selling peanuts, Glover comes back and wins it all.

What a great story

(John from Hemet should take note)