Bills players lack drive

SouthernMan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few decades ago, a sports columnist for the San Diego Union-Tribune wrote about two Chargers players who had been arrested on drug possession charges. Back then, the Chargers were selecting in the low single digits of the NFL draft every year. The columnist wrote that while the type of drug was not disclosed, based on the team's play that season he was fairly positive it was formaldehyde.

I hope Doug Marrone and his staff can truly turn this team around because I'm exhausted talking about this every three years. Send the whole team over the falls if you have to, just build us a blue collar team we can be proud of.

Hmmm, I seem to recall a recent player who had that fire in his belly. Tried to motivate his teamates with his play and talk. Fans here ran him out of town and now he is playing in the NFC Championship game.

Just sayin

+1

I seriously had no idea who you were talking about. Even when Whitner's name was later mentioned in this thread, it still took some time to put it together. That is probably because nothing exemplifies the failure of the Bills over the last decade more so than Donte Whitner.

In fact, even on an incredible 49ers defense, all you see is Whitner flying to the ball 3 seconds after the play, getting burned by TE's, and making zero plays.

Really? So your point is he sucks but yet good enough to start on a "great 9rs defense". An just so happens to be 3rd in tackles on that team.

Your right. He could never make a play for the bills. Maybe cause he was too busy trying to cover everyone else lack,of effort?

The fans???

What part of this nut job post did you need to edit?

The fans???

What part of this nut job post did you need to edit?

Typos. Hard to send on iphone.

A perfect example of our futility and lack of leadership is Kelsay. When has this guy ever led the D? The only expertise he has is our playoff drought. But somhow we extended him because he's a "leader". Give me the Bickering Bills, guys who gave a crap about not losing.

Or the tenure of Flutie. For some reason, the Bills players responded to Flutie much better than Rob Johnson.

I knew he got voted to the pro bowl, but that doesn't mean he stopped sucking. He's actually worse now than he was with the bills, if that's even possible.

I know a lifelong 49ers fan who disagrees.

As do the fans, other players, and coaches, apparently.

I agree. Our team has a tendency to lack violent/win-at-all-costs type players (I watch Peyton Manning on the sidelines and he is soooo competetive...love it). But the problem our GM and coaches face is: do you draft players who are talented but lack some heart or mediocre players who have that killer instinct??

Do you draft a Manti Te'0 because he is a very good linebacker with tons of heart vs. a better rated linebacker who may not have that burning desire to win as bad as the lower drafted LB?? That is where the professional GM's and scouts earn their keep...finding that balance.

Swung on and missed...