[closed]The more things Change...

The more they stay the same.... the ONLY thing that changes is Rus Brandon now has say over everything on the team and RW steps away. Rus Brandon was the de facto GM from 2008-2010 after Marv left. If that tells you where this team is headed.

Buddy Nix has the exact same control over everything he had control over before this move, as Nix is head of football operations.

Let's not forget that Nix thought Gailey was the best offensive mind in the NFL. If it were up to Nix, Gailey would still be the HC just like he stated a few weeks ago. :sick: Oh, it was an organizational decision to fire Chan, but ultimately it was Buddy Nix's call....yea, right after RW told him what he wanted done.

Who the Bills hire as their next Head Coach will show the world exactly what has changed....if anything. This next HC will define the future of the team

Yeah, Ralph stepping away is probably good, fells like it, but what else has really changed?

Nix is staying on. We've seen this thing before: big changes, big shake-up, some people?

Someone posted in the shoutbox that only the Bills could make major changes to the front office without any new hires--- which is valid. But I think cautious optimism is called for because the youth of this organization is taking over. Football analytics, new stadium, no restrictions on coaching search, no more meddling--- if this all comes to fruition, it should be a New Age for the Bills.

But it could be as you say, and nothing more than a new paint job. I don't believe that to be the case, though I remain cautiously optimistic.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.