Bills need to start transition NOW - Promote Whaley - cut Nix Gailey l

San-O

Not defending the QB situation here at all, but that's not a fair assessment. Nix has stated on numerous occasions he prefered to build the team up before drafting a young QB. He didn't want to bring a young QB with the roster he inherited. Now you can debate this strategy all you want, but think back three years ago and think how a rookie QB would have faired on our team.

I hear what you are saying: How would they have faired.

A number of things come to mind, mostly that if they had had a rookie or 2nd year QB, they wouldn't have signed Fitz to that ridiculous contract which they are basically stuck with.

And now they have too many holes to fill again, and have landed in what is considered a poor QB draft.

Other teams have rookie or 2nd year guys starting. Maybe if they had someone the season may no thav been lost. Will never know for sure. Buffalo just got worked by a rookie QB I believe.

Bringing in talent hasn't been the issue. Coaching the talent has.

Wow. I disagree. I'm a firm believer in Talent makes the coach. Not the other way around. Now, bad coaches can cost you a game or two with bad decisions at a critical time, but talent has to get you to that point. This team isn't even close. No linebackers. Still no pass rush. No QB, Questionable Wrs and big questions at RT.

I'm all for cleaning house because I'm just saturated with this regime that has produced the worst Bills team in decades.

I hear what you are saying: How would they have faired.

A number of things come to mind, mostly that if they had had a rookie or 2nd year QB, they wouldn't have signed Fitz to that ridiculous contract which they are basically stuck with.

And now they have too many holes to fill again, and have landed in what is considered a poor QB draft.

Other teams have rookie or 2nd year guys starting. Maybe if they had someone the season may no thav been lost. Will never know for sure. Buffalo just got worked by a rookie QB I believe.

Good points. I agree on most with the exception that we have a lot of holes to fill. I really think there's the necessary talent here aside from QB and LB.

It's all hindsight at this point, but we can all agree there is a need for a QB badly.

Good points. I agree on most with the exception that we have a lot of holes to fill. I really think there's the necessary talent here aside from QB and LB.

It's all hindsight at this point, but we can all agree there is a need for a QB badly.

Agree on QB needed badly, and LB is horrid.

I am not sold on the receivers either.

Not defending the QB situation here at all, but that's not a fair assessment. Nix has stated on numerous occasions he prefered to build the team up before drafting a young QB. He didn't want to bring a young QB with the roster he inherited. Now you can debate this strategy all you want, but think back three years ago and think how a rookie QB would have faired on our team.

Are you arguing that the Colts and the Redskins should have passed on Luck and RGIII because their rosters weren't built up enough at that point? The advantage of having a legitimate qb prospect on the roster of a bad team is that at least you have a legitimate qb prospect on your team. Do we wait until the franchise gets relocated to LA? Building up the roster and having a young qb prospect are not mutually exclusive. Or did Congress pass a law against walking and chewing gum at the same time?

Are you arguing that the Colts and the Redskins should have passed on Luck and RGIII because their rosters weren't built up enough at that point? The advantage of having a legitimate qb prospect on the roster of a bad team is that at least you have a legitimate qb prospect on your team. Do we wait until the franchise gets relocated to LA? Building up the roster and having a young qb prospect are not mutually exclusive. Or did Congress pass a law against walking and chewing gum at the same time?

Who said they were mutually exclusive? You're pissing on the wrong tree.

Your ridiculous analogy about Congress aside, I'm simply highlighting the strategy Nix outlined when asked why he didn't draft a QB early in his tenure. Never did I, nor would I suggest passing on Luck or RGIII.