Peter King: "No team in LA until at least 2014"

l< j

The Bills need to improve their experiment north of the border.

The Bills are the NFL's smallest tv market outside of Jacksonville & Green Bay. If you include Toronto the Bills are a top 5 market. The problem with the Bills is that Toronto is indifferent towards them. In a city of 6,500,000 million the Bills can't even get 40,000 fans in a 54,000 seat stadium. We've had 5 years to build this thing in Toronto and other than it being a financial boon, it has been an abject failure.

Only a Bush League franchise could blow the Toronto series.

How about this - do the training camp in Toronto? Rochester is a middling city and brings in only 15,000 fans on Sunday. If you integrate the Bills in Toronto or Southern Ontario they would be around longer than one weekend per year to showcase the NFL to the Canadian market.

If the Bills truly believe Canada is the Bills best chance at remaining viable then they need to pull the plug on Rochester & relocate training camp to Ontario.

Best inovative business thought I have heard on this board in quite a while.

The sad thing is that the fans in LA have never been all that interested in pro football. They're no t much better than the fans inJacksonville

Well, there is USC and UCLA and on and on. Lots of football available in SC, a tough market for the pro's to crack. Two failures so far there. (Rams and Raiders) In buffalo, there was no competition in 1960, as UB was small time, and, although Div 1 now, still is only a mid major player. So, the WNY fan base is oriented to the Bills. Syracuse is a little far to go, and tickets not to available/Carrier Dome is pretty small. However ,the TV thing does level the revenue thing to some degree...but, the prices in a big market might be higher. I just hope the Bills will try somewhat higher prices before they abandone the Buffalo area, we are very low on ticket prices right now. Edited by bigK14094

WHEW!!! I'm glad you said that, I was beginning to worry. :rolleyes:

For the realists, the Bills have a weak stadium plan long term, a 94 YO owner hell bent on making sure there is no succession plan, a marketing douche-bag still fostering the Toronto abomination, and the fact that even toronto papers are now leaking the fact that the rogers group were in fact trying like hell to milk the team from the old man.

http://www.torontosu...t-for-the-bills

Add in the small market, the miserable economy, declining profits, Blah, Blah, blah...

Again, anyone who thinks this team is not in dire jeopardy of moving is seriously delusional.

BS The Bills home is in Buffalo. Now and in the future. Call me delusional if you wish. but I refuse to worry about something that I have no control over. If they were ever to move, the fans would have no say, so why worry? We couldn't do anything anyway. So I for one am not going to speculate on something that I do not believe is going to happen or that I cannot control even if it did.

BS The Bills home is in Buffalo. Now and in the future. Call me delusional if you wish. but I refuse to worry about something that I have no control over. If they were ever to move, the fans would have no say, so why worry? We couldn't do anything anyway. So I for one am not going to speculate on something that I do not believe is going to happen or that I cannot control even if it did.

FYI - there is no santa claus either