CAGW Celebrates "Festivus"

"The federal government ran a record $413 billion budget deficit for the fiscal year 2004. Congress responded by passing the bloated 2005 omnibus budget package that was bursting with more than 11,000 pork projects. The House of Representatives shot down budget reform with the defeat of the Spending Control Act of 2004. The $136 billion corporate tax bill, the giveaway of nearly $7 billion worth of public spectrum to Nextel, and the stuffing of the hurricane relief package with pet projects also constitute heavy grievances for taxpayers."

More...

"The federal government ran a record $413 billion budget deficit for the fiscal year 2004.  Congress responded by passing the bloated 2005 omnibus budget package that was bursting with more than 11,000 pork projects.  The House of Representatives shot down budget  reform with the defeat of the Spending Control Act of 2004.  The $136 billion corporate tax bill, the giveaway of nearly $7 billion worth of public spectrum to Nextel, and the stuffing of the hurricane relief package with pet projects also constitute heavy grievances for taxpayers."

More...

192780[/snapback]

Another worthwhile post. The thought of fighting this puts me in mind of standing against a hurricane. Which is probably a bad analogy considering how many people I've met the last few months who are getting government aid right now due to hurricanes. Cripes.

Another worthwhile post. The thought of fighting this puts me in mind of standing against a hurricane. Which is probably a bad analogy considering how many people I've met the last few months who are getting government aid right now due to hurricanes. Cripes.

192952[/snapback]

?

?

192957[/snapback]

I'm just saying, what the govt spends just kills me. And I know there's very little I can do about it.

I moved to Florida just in time for the hurricanes. I know quite a few people who are receiving govt aid right now. Including some who could make do without it.