What about the terrible play calling sunday?

Terrible terrible calling from Clemants!! Did u see the long bomb to Evans late in the game that led to the late TD? I was calling for that all game!! We should have aired it out early and make the pit Defence respect the long ball!! Not a single long pass until late in the game?! Unbelievable! Ya, i'm still pissed, and think that Lindell and other guys were the problem. But common, Evans has been solid game after game this year, why was there only 1 bloody pass thrown to him!! I've seen him turn games around...i.e miami, New Jets games. Wow, good play calling from upstairs!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Terrible terrible calling from Clemants!!  Did u see the long bomb to Evans late in the game that led to the late TD?  I was calling for that all game!!  We should have aired it out early and make the pit Defence respect the long ball!!  Not a single long pass until late in the game?!  Unbelievable!  Ya, i'm still pissed, and think that Lindell and other guys were the problem.  But common, Evans has been solid game after game this year, why was there only 1 bloody pass thrown to him!!  I've seen him turn games around...i.e miami, New Jets games.  Wow, good play calling from upstairs!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

192740[/snapback]

Uh, there were long passes called and not executed. Don't let that get in the way of your rant, though!

I hate arguing about play calling. All plays are designed to be executed and work. We got stuffed period. A few times we went to pass Bledsoe got sacked or hurried or made poor throws. Moulds and someone else dropped passes.

When we had our great stretch and all the plays and gimmickry were working for us no one said a word. It's sour grapes now. Those guys on Pittsburgh are on their 53 man roster and were not stiffs. The Bills players IMO were cocky and arrogant the week leading up to the game. Nothing Mularkey could have said would change their mindset that they were playing against "backups".

Uh, there were long passes called and not executed.  Don't let that get in the way of your rant, though!

192746[/snapback]

Really?? I know i was furious during the game so i might have forgot, but i don't remember any long bomb passes. Dump off dump off, that's all i saw. Drew was getting or should have been picked off with his short passes, might as well go long.

I was thinking the same thing on Sunday.

The other thing that really got me was that throwback to Williams on 3rd and whatever (1 I think). Why the hell wasn't McGahee in there? In important situations you have to have your best players. Williams did a great job of recovering from the busted play, but I just don't know why they didn't just pound it into the middle. Until the Bills have the confidence that they can step up and punch someone in the mouth when it counts the Bills aren't going to go anywhere.

Really??  I know i was furious during the game so i might have forgot, but i don't remember any long bomb passes.  Dump off dump off, that's all i saw.  Drew was getting or should have been picked off with his short passes, might as well go long.

192752[/snapback]

Just because the ball was dumped off doesn't mean there weren't receivers being sent down the field.

Really??  I know i was furious during the game so i might have forgot, but i don't remember any long bomb passes.  Dump off dump off, that's all i saw.  Drew was getting or should have been picked off with his short passes, might as well go long.

192752[/snapback]

Drew looked deep a few times, saw the WRs covered and dumped it off.

192752[/snapback]

Day late dollar short, shadow.

There has been plenty of commentary about this.

I was thinking the same thing on Sunday.

The other thing that really got me was that throwback to Williams on 3rd and whatever (1 I think).  Why the hell wasn't McGahee in there?  In important situations you have to have your best players.  Williams did a great job of recovering from the busted play, but I just don't know why they didn't just pound it into the middle.  Until the Bills have the confidence that they can step up and punch someone in the mouth when it counts the Bills aren't going to go anywhere.

192754[/snapback]

McGahee wasn't in there because the play prior he decided to take on a LB while going out of bounds and got jacked! Actually it was a nice collision and Willis got up jawing with the guy then he grabbed his shoulder in pain. So basically Shaud was in there on a moments notice and he screwed up the next play. Thats not coaching. A guy is expected to know the play and run it effectively/

McGahee wasn't in there because the play prior he decided to take on a LB while going out of bounds and got jacked!  Actually it was a nice collision and Willis got up jawing with the guy then he grabbed his shoulder in pain.  So basically Shaud was in there on a moments notice and he screwed up the next play.  Thats not coaching.  A guy is expected to know the play and run it effectively/

192793[/snapback]

Missed that. But I still think that that play was the wrong call. Sometimes it's just time to get rid of all the bull and line up and take the yard that you need. That's what teams that win do.

Missed that.  But I still think that that play was the wrong call.  Sometimes it's just time to get rid of all the bull and line up and take the yard that you need.  That's what teams that win do.

192920[/snapback]

That play was exactly that. It was a designed off tackle run and SW simply vapor locked. He was supposed to be on Shelton's hip going left.

That play was exactly that.  It was a designed off tackle run and SW simply vapor locked.  He was supposed to be on Shelton's hip going left.

192925[/snapback]

There was no handoff, it was a backwards pass. Why? Don't needlessly complicate things.

There was no handoff, it was a backwards pass.  Why?  Don't needlessly complicate things.

193063[/snapback]

It wasn't a handoff because Williams never moved. That's the only reason. Bledsoe came out from under center with the ball in his right hand, turned to the left, and extended. Shelton went bolting past him to block and Williams never moved. That's when Drew "improvised" and chucked the thing at SW. Had it been Flutie, he'd have simply followed Shelton into the hole.

It wasn't a handoff because Williams never moved.  That's the only reason.  Bledsoe came out from under center with the ball in his right hand, turned to the left, and extended.  Shelton went bolting past him to block and Williams never moved.  That's when Drew "improvised" and chucked the thing at SW.  Had it been Flutie, he'd have simply followed Shelton into the hole.

193077[/snapback]

So that's what happened. I didn't have a good view of it. Looked like it was a designed play. Oh well not a bad playcall, but too bad Williams was on the field rather than McGahee.