Next year's NFC schedule

The Bills better improve next season (including on the O-line), because they're going to have to play the NFC South next year, which means Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa Bay. Top to bottom, this division was playing as good as any other NFC division at the end of the year.

As opposed to this season, I could see the Bills going 2-2 against this division. To make matters worse, many of these teams offer some guys that could absolutely pummel QB's like Bledslow.

8-8 is looking more realistic all of the time. 2 losses against the NFC, 2 losses against the Patsies, 1 loss against the Jets, and 3 miscellaneous !@#$-ups during the year brings us there.

So, all of those fans that still "feel good" about this year, and are "looking foward" to the challenges that next season will bring, better keep their antidepressant scripts up to date for the 2005 season.

Man, I gotta say. It takes some mighty inflated cha-chas to predict what our record will be next year, 24 hours after the previous season came to an end. You have no idea how ANY of those teams will pan out next year. Not a clue. I'm sure everyone wrote off San Diego last April. I'm sure everyone was pretty high on Seattle last April.

We don't know jack schitt about who is doing what next year and to predict an 8-8 record at this juncture is just...well...let's just say you have some rather large coconuts.

Man, I gotta say. It takes some mighty inflated cha-chas to predict what our record will be next year, 24 hours after the previous season came to an end. You have no idea how ANY of those teams will pan out next year. Not a clue. I'm sure everyone wrote off San Diego last April. I'm sure everyone was pretty high on Seattle last April.

We don't know jack schitt about who is doing what next year and to predict an 8-8 record at this juncture is just...well...let's just say you have some rather large coconuts.

191829[/snapback]

I knew there was going to be some immediate piling on, but it's not completely unexpected. Yes, this is going out on a limb, but my two points here are:

--the NFC West was a complete mess this year, and to expect to sweep the NFC South just isn't realistic. In addition to that, if this is "still Bledsoe's team" as firmly stated by DB himself, there are some guys on those teams (can you say Julius Peppers?) that would salivate to play against the Bills in its present state.

--As many people banter about San Diego's remarkable turnaround this year, this is the exception rather than the rule. Out of the six teams that made the playoffs in the AFC this year, I would have picked 4 out of the 6. So, to say that I don't know "jack schitt" about what's going to happen next year isn't completely right either.

I see TD and his crew "staying the course" with their focus being trying to retain Phat Pat and Jonas, i.e. restructuring contracts, etc. Also, I would hope that everyone scales down their FA acquisition plans, 'cause I don't see any major signings on the horizon with our current cap situation. And since we're a little short on draft picks this year, I'm not expecting great things that offer an immediate impact on the 2005-06 season.

My cha-cha's don't need to be too big when considering these facts.