It's all about the LINEBACKERS - Barnett targeted all game

BobChalmers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this Kevin Barnett

Except "Kevin" Nick Barnett plays WLB and Sheppard plays MLB. Sooooooooo Sheppard isn't ever going to "get" any of his playing time.

This is confusing. Can we just call him Nevin?

When Brady was yelling "43 is the Mike" during that first game, I too was horrified. Seemed lihe he was pinpointing Scott, and then audibling to a play run right at him.

But maybe we're reading too much into it. I saw parts of others Patriots game, when Brady similarly yelled out who the Mike was. Then I saw a Falcons game when I could hear Ryan do the same thing.

Identifying the Mike must have something to do with the protection or play options, as opposed to exposing a weakness in our defense.

I'm guessing that identifying the MLB is one of the first and most basic reads on every play.

On the next drive, Scott covered Woodhead and made a good play swatting a pass down. I believe that was on a 3rd down and forced a punt.

This play that you describe was possibly the only play in which the referees gave the Bills a break. It looked like Scott was holding a bit on the play and I thought I saw an official reach for his flag but not throw it.