is mcgahee awesome or what?

eball

---------------------------

from the ESPN article:

McGahee urged Henry to stay, challenging his teammate to come back and battle for the starting job.

"I'm pretty sure he's going to be back," McGahee said. "He's got to come back and fight for it, fight for what's yours because I would do the same thing."

this dude is special. we are lucky football fans that he will hopefully spend a long career with the buffalo bills. and if you don't understand why comments like that impress me, then i can't explain it to you.

from the ESPN article:

McGahee urged Henry to stay, challenging his teammate to come back and battle for the starting job.

"I'm pretty sure he's going to be back," McGahee said. "He's got to come back and fight for it, fight for what's yours because I would do the same thing."

this dude is special.  we are lucky football fans that he will hopefully spend a long career with the buffalo bills.  and if you don't understand why comments like that impress me, then i can't explain it to you.

191528[/snapback]

And to that I would reply- 4th and 1 in the most important game of the season, would you let McGahee run for it or let Lindell (double L for looser) kick a field goal??

from the ESPN article:

this dude is special. we are lucky football fans that he will hopefully spend a long career with the buffalo bills. and if you don't understand why comments like that impress me, then i can't explain it to you.

i read that article also and loved what he said about henry :P

Gotta love the attitude of McGahee. It may be worth keeping Henry here. Trade wise getting a third round pick for him is not that big a thing. It all depends on his attitude. You need two good backs in this league--Willis will miss time next year. That is a given. It sure would be nice to have a proven back in there.

While I appreciate McGahee's thinking, you probably need to take TH's comments into consideration before thinking he would come back just to have a chance to win back his job. According to TH, he didn't lose his job to McGahee. It was taken from him. Regardless of how valid that is, it remains TH's reality. He won't come back and chase a job he knows he won't get.

Gotta love the attitude of McGahee.  It may be worth keeping Henry here.  Trade wise getting a third round pick for him is not that big a thing.  It all depends on his attitude.  You need two good backs in this league--Willis will miss time next year.  That is a given.  It sure would be nice to have a proven back in there.

191605[/snapback]

In a perfect world yes, not trying to be a smart ass, just don't see it happening.

While I appreciate McGahee's thinking, you probably need to take TH's comments into consideration before thinking he would come back just to have a chance to win back his job. According to TH, he didn't lose his job to McGahee. It was taken from him. Regardless of how valid that is, it remains TH's reality. He won't come back and chase a job he knows he won't get.

191617[/snapback]

To me, Henry losing it and McGahee taking it are the same thing. Henry was faced with competition at the beginning of the year while maintaining his starter status. The problem is that while most of us can probably recognize that as an opporunity, Travis probably was all caught up in some sense of entitlement. Because of his attitude, his play suffered. He didn't get the job done. McGahee did.....and has been pretty much every week. I wish Travis well.....he's a good guy. But he's not in the same league as Wilis, neither physically nor mentally.

191617[/snapback]

i don't expect TH to come back. the only point of my post was that i love mcgahee's attitude. too few players these days have that sort of mentality. it goes all the way back to how he thanked the bills for taking a chance on him, to giving daimon shelton the football from his 1st NFL touchdown, to always deflecting praise to the OL.....and for working his freaking ass off to get to where he is.