Ruzzines Rock Bottom?

PaattMaann

I keep hearing rumors that this place (across the street from Grovers on Transit) has a "better burger" than Grovers and has won numerous Buffalo Spree awards and what not....ive only been by the place - initial impression is that it looks like a dump, even more so than Grovers...

whos been here? Is it worth it? Is it truly better than Grovers (Grovers just seems big and greasy to me)? Im thinking about checking it out, but if people have been and its terrible, I wont waste my time....

Was there over the summer with my girlfriend. We were going to try Grovers, but it was too packed so we decided to go across the street. The food was OK, but the service absolutely sucked. So much so that we both decided we would not be going back. The host was just aloof and our waitress was more concerned with hanging with the regulars at the bar then waiting on her tables.

i have been to both and never understand the "best burger" awards for Rock Bottom. Grover's (bring cash, no CC's accepted) burgers blow them away.

im not quite sure I understand that fascination with grovers as best burger...its huge and def. greasy....but I dont know...its def. a good burger, just a tad greasy for me to label it BEST BURGER (and I go to Grovers regularly)...they do however have dynamite wings (ask for garlic wings tossed in hot sauce, woooooo) and good onion rings

i think im going to go to Ruzzines ASAP and check out the buzz (obviously the buzz is not on TBD haha, but trust me, there is buzz about this place

If you go to rock bottom, eschew the burger and get the steak sandwich. The burger is good, the steak sammy is great.

interesting advice...i generally dont like steak sammys...meats too chewy to be bothered by putting it on bread....but perhaps I will

im also eyeing a certain wrap on their menu that looks pretty dynamite......decisions, decisions

ok so I manned up and went last night

as I walked up onto the back patio to go in the back door, three guys were outside smoking and one was saying "so the girl was all tripped out on acid, but I didnt give a F*** because I was getting free drugs, so she said...." and then he realized my wife and I were walking next to him as he was telling this story and just said "uhhh..uhhh...guys you should have warned me", and we walked by him and inside....solid first impression

We were early for our meet up with our other diners, so we waited at the bar and got a couple drinks, a guy sitting at the bar had his steak sandwich delivered with fries, and as he was putting ketchup on the steak sandwich said to my wife and I "you guys want my fries? im just grabbing a quick sandwich before going home for dinner, but if I eat all these fries my wife will know ive already eaten and be mad" - hahaha, seriously? who does that? is your wife that bad of a cook? then I thought, maybe the steak sandwich really IS the thing to order...

all that aside, the others got there and we sat and ordered...order of nachos for the table...came out and was HUGE, covered in fresh veggies and home made chilli..they were very solid nachos

I ordered the Southwest burger (those fried onion strings, bacon, and southwest ranch sauce), my wife ordered the Transit Road - a grilled chicken and veggie wrap with pesto mayo and cheese), we split them...burger was perfect...charred on the outside and perfectly pink (medium) in the middle....the Wrap stole the show for me, it was delicious and I would probably make sure to order both items again...the other diners got a burger and a steak sandwich, both raved about their food as well...very solid food

(The difference between Grovers burger and Rock Bottom burger is this: grovers cooks burgers on a flat top and steams them, encasing all the grease in the burger...Rock Bottom grills them so the outside is charred....all about preference of burger...I preferred Rock Bottoms to be honest, just less greasy and still VERY good flavor)

I will certainly go back to Ruzzines Rock Bottom (just try to get past the ambiance when you first walk in/at the bar...once seated, very nice place)

Nice write up....without every being at either I already know i would prefer Rock Bottom. Best burgers are char grilled and not on flat tops full of grease..You should try BSG (Buffalo Sports Garden) in OP/West Seneca sounds like same type of burger as Rock Bottom...I love it and nice bar

ok so I manned up and went last night

as I walked up onto the back patio to go in the back door, three guys were outside smoking and one was saying "so the girl was all tripped out on acid, but I didnt give a F*** because I was getting free drugs, so she said...." and then he realized my wife and I were walking next to him as he was telling this story and just said "uhhh..uhhh...guys you should have warned me", and we walked by him and inside....solid first impression

We were early for our meet up with our other diners, so we waited at the bar and got a couple drinks, a guy sitting at the bar had his steak sandwich delivered with fries, and as he was putting ketchup on the steak sandwich said to my wife and I "you guys want my fries? im just grabbing a quick sandwich before going home for dinner, but if I eat all these fries my wife will know ive already eaten and be mad" - hahaha, seriously? who does that? is your wife that bad of a cook? then I thought, maybe the steak sandwich really IS the thing to order...

all that aside, the others got there and we sat and ordered...order of nachos for the table...came out and was HUGE, covered in fresh veggies and home made chilli..they were very solid nachos

I ordered the Southwest burger (those fried onion strings, bacon, and southwest ranch sauce), my wife ordered the Transit Road - a grilled chicken and veggie wrap with pesto mayo and cheese), we split them...burger was perfect...charred on the outside and perfectly pink (medium) in the middle....the Wrap stole the show for me, it was delicious and I would probably make sure to order both items again...the other diners got a burger and a steak sandwich, both raved about their food as well...very solid food

(The difference between Grovers burger and Rock Bottom burger is this: grovers cooks burgers on a flat top and steams them, encasing all the grease in the burger...Rock Bottom grills them so the outside is charred....all about preference of burger...I preferred Rock Bottoms to be honest, just less greasy and still VERY good flavor)

I will certainly go back to Ruzzines Rock Bottom (just try to get past the ambiance when you first walk in/at the bar...once seated, very nice place)