Hmmm this is not what the Dems predicted...

USA Today Money section Link

Hmmm, I thought that the Dems said that if GWB was reelected the economy was going to crash, and there would be rioting in the streets as starving families fought for scraps of bread and pieces of cheese?

Well, I guess they were wrong again. Looks like the good old free market economic forces are doing exactly what they are suposed to do when they are given the inncentive to.

Curious I think that the left has no comments on this at all. Heck I remember how just a few months ago, they were telling us how just because 200K jobs were created that month it is still no big deal. Well since that time another almost 400K of jobs have been created. It would be nice to see some positive comments from the left wouldn't it? Do they really even like when good things happen to our economy??

Thank God the dollar is worth just a little more than the roll next to my toilet and they're keeping spending under control.  :P

190704[/snapback]

Well in my opinion, a weak dollar is a very good thing for the US economy. It allows our manufactures to compete overseas and encourages tourism.

piss on the strong dollar policy, I say watching japan, and france making less profit over here is a good thing. As for china, well there is no reailty to their currancy valuation anyway, so I will not even bother commenting.

Well in my opinion, a weak dollar is a very good thing for the US economy. It allows our manufactures to compete overseas and encourages tourism.

piss on the strong dollar policy, I say watching japan, and france making less profit over here is a good thing. As for china, well there is no reailty to their currancy valuation anyway, so I will not even bother commenting.

191719[/snapback]

Here's a little less rosy assessment (I hope the link works). The argument over devaluing the dollar is, unfortunately, not as simple as saying "piss on the strong dollar policy", rather it's something that can come back and serious bite us in the ass.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...5-2005Jan3.html

USA Today Money section Link

Hmmm, I thought that the Dems said that if GWB was reelected the economy was going to crash, and there would be rioting in the streets as starving families fought for scraps of bread and pieces of cheese?

Well, I guess they were wrong again. Looks like the good old free market economic forces are doing exactly what they are suposed to do when they are given the inncentive to.

Curious I think that the left has no comments on this at all. Heck I remember how just a few months ago, they were telling us how just because 200K jobs were created that month it is still no big deal. Well since that time another almost 400K of jobs have been created. It would be nice to see some positive comments from the left wouldn't it? Do they really even like when good things happen to our economy??

190621[/snapback]

I'm just curious. When the economy was good under Clinton, it was because of Reagan. When the economy was bad for the last four years, it was Clinton's fault. Now that it's marginally better, it's Bush's?

As for china, well there is no reailty to their currancy valuation anyway, so I will not even bother commenting.

No need to comment on a country who continues to keep their currency at an equal level against the US dollar? No need to comment on a country that because of that policy is able to continue to sell their goods in the US making the trade deficit continue to explode as the dollar weakens?

I'm just curious. When the economy was good under Clinton, it was because of Reagan. When the economy was bad for the last four years, it was Clinton's fault. Now that it's marginally better, it's Bush's?

192050[/snapback]

well, other then the 9-1 attack having a rather negitive effect on the economy the fact of the matter is that the economy was pretty decent during the past 4 years. Especialy the past 18 months. Over 2 million jobs created and no end in sight.

Who is blaming that on clinton. Stop being so sensitive.

No need to comment on a country who continues to keep their currency at an equal level against the US dollar?  No need to comment on a country that because of that policy is able to continue to sell their goods in the US making the trade deficit continue to explode as the dollar weakens?

192352[/snapback]

umm, nobody.if you knew anything at all about the china situation...there is not a damn thing to be done about that. Do you want a trade war? Are you ready for double digit inflation? I think not.

Look peple enjoy the cheap crap that they can buy from wal-mart that is made in china. You cannot change this fact.

There is NOTHING that can be done about what china is doing with their currancy. Wake up and smell the coffee. :)

umm, nobody.if you knew anything at all about the china situation...there is not a damn thing to be done about that. Do you want a trade war? Are you ready for double digit inflation? I think not.

Look peple enjoy the cheap crap that they can buy from wal-mart that is made in china. You cannot change this fact.

There is NOTHING that can be done about what china is doing with their currancy. Wake up and smell the coffee. :)

192531[/snapback]

Our we importing Chinese coffee now?

Sadly, I do know that nothing can be done about the China situation. Doesn't mean that I have to like it! All that is happening is it is getting easier and easier for the rest of the world to buy China-made goods as well. Even with the devalued dollar - US goods cannot compete with China goods on the world stage in terms of cost.

Our we importing Chinese coffee now?

Sadly, I do know that nothing can be done about the China situation.  Doesn't mean that I have to like it!  All that is happening is it is getting easier and easier for the rest of the world to buy China-made goods as well.  Even with the devalued dollar - US goods cannot compete with China goods on the world stage in terms of cost.

192736[/snapback]

I totally agree with you about not having to like the china situation.

In my industry ( the manufacturing sector ) I think they have to find other ways to compete and in my opinion they are. I see my customers making ever more complex parts and getting away from the cookie cutter stuff that can easily be produced in those backwards countries.

Also in the past year or so I have seen many of my customers switch back to US suppliers because they have experienced delivery nightmares. The gap is actually closing in many respects but the manufactures here have to be more proactive. They cannot just sit around wishing and hoping that the government will help them or protect them.