Positive Attraction And The Bills

Ok, so I will be the first person to admit that I think the Bills are heading for 3-6 and another long season. Here is my question though - As of about 3 years ago, I watched that movie The Secret which I'm sure many people here have heard about. Basically, it talks about how your positive thoughts can bring about positive vibes from the universe. See things as already done and they will be. Say thank you as if it has already happened and not just wanting it to happen. After seeing this movie, I read a few books on it and I really started applying to important parts of my life (work, family, health of others, etc..). Within a few months, i had a record year in business and have doubled that ever since.

I really go about life in quite a positive way and I got to thinking, why have I never applied this to the Bills? It is the one thing in my life that I truly can't get past the negative. Is it because in other areas (like sales), I have control over it? Is there such an overwhelming dark cloud of negativity hanging over this team. I mean think about it, if they are winning with a few minutes to go by 6 points, how many hundreds of thousands of thoughts are being thrown out there at once saying "you just know they are going to blow this somehow."

Anyway, I could go on forever about this stuff because I believe it has turned my business life around. I know 99% of the responses to this will be "whatever" but for the few out there that have also practiced this way of thought, what do you believe? Who's up for a positive resurgence the day of the Texans game. Who knows, if enough vibe is thrown out there, anything could happen. Well, I just thought it was odd that I could be so negative about something and it is the one thing that does not fall into practice what you preach......

"If you look good, you feel good. And if you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good. And if they pay good, you eat good." Primetime

I guess just substitute "think" for "look"....we all know they don't look good...

Ok, so I will be the first person to admit that I think the Bills are heading for 3-6 and another long season. Here is my question though - As of about 3 years ago, I watched that movie The Secret which I'm sure many people here have heard about. Basically, it talks about how your positive thoughts can bring about positive vibes from the universe. See things as already done and they will be. Say thank you as if it has already happened and not just wanting it to happen. After seeing this movie, I read a few books on it and I really started applying to important parts of my life (work, family, health of others, etc..). Within a few months, i had a record year in business and have doubled that ever since.

I really go about life in quite a positive way and I got to thinking, why have I never applied this to the Bills? It is the one thing in my life that I truly can't get past the negative. Is it because in other areas (like sales), I have control over it? Is there such an overwhelming dark cloud of negativity hanging over this team. I mean think about it, if they are winning with a few minutes to go by 6 points, how many hundreds of thousands of thoughts are being thrown out there at once saying "you just know they are going to blow this somehow."

Anyway, I could go on forever about this stuff because I believe it has turned my business life around. I know 99% of the responses to this will be "whatever" but for the few out there that have also practiced this way of thought, what do you believe? Who's up for a positive resurgence the day of the Texans game. Who knows, if enough vibe is thrown out there, anything could happen. Well, I just thought it was odd that I could be so negative about something and it is the one thing that does not fall into practice what you preach......

Only if you worked for the Bills could it have an effect on the Bills, just saying this on your will do nothing as the universe can't help you.

Maybe there is just too much negative energy within the WNY community (economy, weather, etc.), and it's affecting how the team perceives themselves.

Take Aaron Williams, for example, whose CB position places a premium on confidence and shrugging off the most recent bad play. Bills "fans" on his twitter page have said everything short of telling him to go kill himself for not playing well after 1.5 seasons in the NFL.

Reminds me a bit of what was going on in NYC during the 80's, around the time that Ghostbusters 2 was filmed. All the crime and such led to too much negatively-charged slime that was, in turn, prompting so many supernatural villains to terrorize the city. Buffalo could surely use an Egon, Ray, Peter, and Winston right about now, no?

You know what I think is the strangest part about Bills fans (including myself) - it's that the season has been declared over and the team sits one game behind first place. How do we as fans get past this irrational thinking and put a positive spin on it? Getting back on track to tie the Patriots record seems like it is literally IMPOSSIBLE when in fact all it might take is a win there in two weeks. The cloud will continue as long as the team and its' fans believe it to be true. Some day, some day indeed.