A.Williams should play SS

JayD

How much worse could he be at SS than he is at CB? I don't recall having seen a less fluid CB.

SS? Well, a SS is not someone who would be in pass coverage. He is responsible for about a cone of 40 degrees in front of him, whatever comes in there, get it. If it has the ball, tackle it. He is a more mobile, quicker, better hands linebacker - he is almost primarily a run supporter, and covers the short game. Williams is not the guy you want in this position. His angles are not exactly great.

As a FS he might have a chance to stay in the back, not get beat deep.

Either way, Williams needs to stay a CB.

But everyone here believed Whitner couldn't play Safety either..................

I wouldn't say people thought he couldn't play SS. I would say people thought he didn't make plays on the ball (which he didn't for us), that he had a big mouth (still true), and that he thought he was worth more than he actually should get in his next contract (which based on his play he absolutely did overprice his worth).

A. Williams will be FS next year. They won't retain Byrd over Levitre and they need ot spend some money on LB's in FA. I would start McKelvin at CB. Bench Wilson in favor of Searcy. A. Williams will be the nickel unti next year. McKelvin may be resigned on the cheap but I would bet Brooks will be the starter next year at DB.

A. Williams will be FS next year. They won't retain Byrd over Levitre and they need ot spend some money on LB's in FA. I would start McKelvin at CB. Bench Wilson in favor of Searcy. A. Williams will be the nickel unti next year. McKelvin may be resigned on the cheap but I would bet Brooks will be the starter next year at DB.

Because Byrd has been a top 5 at FS the last 3 years and having a rough start this year in a new scheme with a new coordinator?...

No. He'll be back.