Did anyone catch Carucci's comments...

KOKBILLS

I did not hear his whole comment, but I believe he said something about having inside info that a few Teams were VERY interested in Trading for Travis...Like I said I did not hear the whole thing so I could be wrong, but if anyone did please inform...Thanks... :doh:

Yes, I did.

He said he thought the Bills would hope for a 3rd and wind up with a 4th. But teams have "their antena's WAY up" in regards to getting Henry because the impression with league GMs is that he is a very capable back in the right system.

Well most of us - myself included - used to be pretty high on T.Henry........I think what changed my mind was how he reacted to Willis......Travis could have very easily kept his starting role, but the fact is that he didn't produce......at ALL. Willis stepped up and got the job done. Willis got the job done TODAY, too. But I think if I were a GM I'd definitely want to take a look at Travis......he's a tough back.....just don't put a second rooster in the hen house and he'll be fine.

If we don't get at least a second rounder, we hold him. He has 1 year left on his contract and there is a ton of RBs that are UFAs. Too much supply out there.

189879[/snapback]

I disagree. We already have a capable backup in Shaud Williams. We don't need to give up the third round draft pick we could have had for Travis just to have yet another quality backup to Willis. There are too many other needs on this team.

I disagree. We already have a capable backup in Shaud Williams. We don't need to give up the third round draft pick we could have had for Travis just to have yet another quality backup to Willis. There are too many other needs on this team.

189903[/snapback]

shaud williams is a decent back, however he is no backup RB. he is a change of pace RB, or an RB that can finish out a game for you. if WM ever got hurt and SW had to be our starting RB, we would be in deep stevestojan.

henry is too good a value at his salary to give away for a box of tape. hopefully a few of these GMs with the long antennae realize that henry is not a bad back...the truth is that willis made our crappy line look much better than it really is.

If we don't get at least a second rounder, we hold him. He has 1 year left on his contract and there is a ton of RBs that are UFAs. Too much supply out there.

189879[/snapback]

I tend to agree with this, although if he's delegated to backup status for next year, and he won't certainly be around the following year, it might be worth it to take something now as opposed to nothing later.

189879[/snapback]

I agree that we should take no less than a number 2. He is not worth a number 1, and I think there are a few teams that could bite for a 2nd round pick.

Having a backup like Henry for the price we'll be paying for him is a BIG advantage in a 16-20 game season. If the Bills are not offered at least a 2nd before the preseaon starts I just don't see us moving him. If Henry holds out going into the regular season, that equation changes.