What happened on the long run by Parker?

maddog

I saw a couple replays and was trying to find Fletcher but didn't see him. It's rare that you see a run up the middle like that with not a hand laid on the guy. Where was the safety support? It looked like one Bill was pancaked about eight yards downfield (Fletch or Milloy?). Actually, I was wondering whether we had ten guys on the field. I'm more interested to know than to pin "blame" on someone.

We had too many bad breakdowns such as that in all aspects of the game today (O,D and ST) to win.

I'll tell you what happened - Pat Williams decided to freelance on that play for some reason. He abandoned his gap and ran around the other d-tackle as if it were a stunt, but the other d-tackle didn't criss-cross like he would if it were a stunt. Instead, Parker just ran right thru the hole that Williams vacated. If I had to guess, I'd say Patty was excited that St. Pierre was in there and wanted to get a big-play sack.

I might be mixing it up, but there was a running play where Adams & Williams were stunting and right during the part where neither was in a position to do sh--, the Pittsburgh RB goes running through the hole like a flash.

189603[/snapback]

Well maybe it was a called stunt then, but it didn't look like Adams moved at all to me.