Not "Billieving"... not just yet anyway

Dr. Trooth

Well... 2-1 is good, for sure. However, I'm not "feelin" it yet. I'm not necessarily disappointed with the offense, but I am a bit disappointed with Fitz. Defensively, that's a whole different story. I expected a lot more. The defense has faced three of the NFL bottom feeder QBs in their first three games. And, even though KC ranks 1 on offense, I ain't buying into them being a top ten offense, at least not yet. Mario's play agaisnt the Jet's tackle, and then the Brown's rookie tackle last week was... well, below average. I honestly can't see an upgrade from Kelsay. I just don't see the pressure I expected up front... and allowing a rookie QB last week to put together two 80 yard drives with no name receivers and TE was just horrendous. Brady has got to be licking his chops if he wached game footage of Sanchez and Weedon facing the Bills D.

With that,this week the Bills take a huge leap in competition, and will be challenged offensively and defensively. The Pats rank higher on both sides of the ball and have not been out of any game... and losing the last two on the game's last play. This is the game we can truly gauge the progress of the Bills as a team. When the Pats lose, it's usually because Brady has been been hurried, sacked, hit, and taken out of his rhythem. So, defensively with all of the hyped d line, it's time to put up or shut up. I'd have to say, not only for the team, but especially the defensive line, they "must" have a huge game... that's where most of the money has been spent on this team and they better bear fruit this week, big time.

So looking at this fro what I've observed from both teams, man, I am so not feelin a "W" Sunday... 1 for the last 21 against the Pats??? Somebody, please wake me up from this nightmare.

Well, somewhere in the neighborhood of 4pm Sunday, we'll have a fair assessment of where this team is headed. A loss Sunday and facing two physical teams on the west coast the next two weeks could put this team on the cusp of the all familiar tailspin we're used to expecting.

I think the most pleasant surprise this season has been the run D. I'm loving 100yards/game avg. after what we've been through the last few years. The DB's we have to expect them to go through some growing pains, hence the big gainers. Hopefully GW&JB can coach our corners along faster.

Fitz is Fitz. He can be a good QB if you don't put the whole game on his shoulders. Keep a lead or a close game and we can rely on our sick run game (3rd in the NFL 178y/g, and thats with injuries).

I think the most pleasant surprise this season has been the run D. I'm loving 100yards/game avg. after what we've been through the last few years. The DB's we have to expect them to go through some growing pains, hence the big gainers. Hopefully GW&JB can coach our corners along faster.

Fitz is Fitz. He can be a good QB if you don't put the whole game on his shoulders. Keep a lead or a close game and we can rely on our sick run game (3rd in the NFL 178y/g, and thats with injuries).

I think we have a chance at this game I dont think the Pats are as good as they have been in the past. However running the ball has never been how they have beaten us.

going to go through a tough 5 game stretch we have to hang around .500 after 8 games the push will be in the second half. 4-4 at worst hopefully 5-3, I think your going to see this defense take off in the second half of the season. Problem with Fitz for some of us in here, when he does play well we disregard it- when he plays poorly we cry about it. He has had good games before and will again- last week was not poor

I think we have a chance at this game I dont think the Pats are as good as they have been in the past. However running the ball has never been how they have beaten us.

Im hoping our pressure up the gut will be what derails their passing game.

Cool story Bro. If you havent noticed an upgrade from kelsey by Mario your insane. Dareus and Williams are showing that upgrade. Perhaps the run defense improvement?

O ya we have 9 sacks the last two games. Thats a third of what we had all of last year

Yeah but we had 10 in one game last year, so 9 in 2 games doesn't really show improvement.

Well look at it this way, they're beating the teams they should beat so far.. I think Mario was in a slight culture shock during that Jets game... new surroundings, new team, so that may have been an exception, but it's a work in progress... the D line is coming together, very good against the run, there's been some sacks(9) and some INT's, let's not expect too much too soon. This week will be a big test. I'm about 60-40 for this game, Brady isn't happy about those two losses and his supporting cast aint what it used to be, so with the confidence built on last years win over the Patriots, there's a good chance the Bills come out on top in this one, especially with the 12th man and the 13th(replacement refs)...lol Freddie should be back so there's an emotional lift, he's definately ready to run that victory flag around the whole stadium again... the glass is definately more than half full, the tide is turning, and the Ralph is gonna be Rockin'... Go Bills :thumbsup:

Yeah but we had 10 in one game last year, so 9 in 2 games doesn't really show improvement.

You make no sense with this post. One freak game of 10 sacks and now 9 in 2 games is no good at all?? I guess the standard is 10 or we are a bust. Hmmm?

I honestly expected more from the Bills season opener. That was a major letdown.

I honestly expected the Bills to trounce the chiefs.

The Browns game has me scared though. What scared me was the way the entire team seemed to just deflate when Spiller went down. They pulled out of it but it shows that this team is dangerously one dimensional. That is going to get exposed in the next four games. The 49ers, Cardinals, and Texans defenses are a hell of a lot better than the Chiefs AND Browns defenses. New England's defense has also improved over last years defense.

I'm worried that the Bills could be 2-6 at the midway point of the season.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, just trying to realistically put my thoughts together.