Small piece of good news

Indy Dave

With Baltimore and Jacksonville winning, we move up two spots in the draft order. Face it, our loss, combined with losses by Baltimore and the Jags, would have dropped us two spots in the draft order. Their wins move up us a couple of pegs.

OK...that was a crappy way to try to find something good about this day.

With Baltimore and Jacksonville winning, we move up two spots in the draft order. Face it, our loss, combined with losses by Baltimore and the Jags, would have dropped us two spots in the draft order. Their wins move up us a couple of pegs.

189383[/snapback]

Dallas is the only one happy about that.

189383[/snapback]

No, Im happy about it. I would have been happier drafting last in the rounds but hey whos being picky?

Wow, good call, Dave. Finding a silver lining in today's games.

The lame-o Rams beat the Jets, somehow, but it did not matter. The lame-o Vikes lost but are still a wild card, I think.

The Bills have shown a lot of good things to take into next year. If they can just fix the deficiencies, we'll be OK.

Moving up a couple of draft spots is great, though.

Wow, good call, Dave.  Finding a silver lining in today's games.

The lame-o Rams beat the Jets, somehow, but it did not matter. The lame-o Vikes lost but are still a wild card, I think.

The Bills have shown a lot of good things to take into next year. If they can just fix the deficiencies, we'll be OK.

Moving up a couple of draft spots is great, though.

189397[/snapback]

Yeah...I suppose it is a pretty big deal. Sure, we don't have a first-round pick, but great teams draft well in the later rounds so maybe it will make a difference.

The Vikings are terrible. 8-8 and in the playoffs. Seattle...couldn't hang with us on their home field. 9-7 and getting a home game for the playoffs. St. Louis...couldn't stay within three touchdowns of us. 8-8 and in the playoffs.

SIGH...

Not necessarily.  If their strengths of schedule are lighter, they pick ahead of the Bills.

189431[/snapback]

Crap...I think you're right. They do use that to determine that tie-breaker, not the same head-to-head sort of thing you'd use to break a playoff tie-breaker. With our schedule including San Fran, Miami (twice), Cleveland, etc., our strength of schedule might not be that great.

CL, humor (sick or otherwise) is the only way we can cope with Sunday's loss.  Otherwise, we'd all go insane.

191688[/snapback]

Humor is helpful.......but have you tried Drew-bashing? That works really well, too :P

Crap...I think you're right. They do use that to determine that tie-breaker, not the same head-to-head sort of thing you'd use to break a playoff tie-breaker. With our schedule including San Fran, Miami (twice), Cleveland, etc., our strength of schedule might not be that great.

189445[/snapback]

Well, that will help us. The team who acheived the same record against a weaker schedule is presumed to be worse and thus drafts higher (meaning before the team with the stronger schedule - people use higher/lower in all sorts of ways when talking about the draft).

Dallas is the only one happy about that.

189389[/snapback]

Exactly. Our 1st Round pick is #20 to Dallas and Jax and Balt follow in Rnd 1, but it rotates in the next round so I believe we pick 22nd in the 2nd rnd, 21st in the 3rd, 20th in the 4th, 22nd in 5th, et. al.