Why the inequity between the Jets and the Chiefs game? Here are two t

Bowl Winner

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I look at TBD every day and hadn't noticed the topic. I have two theories about why the Bills played so poorly in the Jet game, and where the 49ers are looking at Merriman this week I am prompted to post my thoughts.

When the Jets looked at Derek Hagan, I think we all knew that they were never going to sign him, but whether they did or not they were trying to pick his brain on what he Bills blueprints were. Hagan spent a tremendous amount of time with the Bills before being cut and not only had information he could readily supply the Jets, but would have been able to verbally tell them just about anything they wanted to know. An upset Hagan tells the Jets what our schemes are just to stick it to us? Sounds plausible, but here's the thing, we werent using the exact same schemes we ran last year and some of our personnel has changed, and yet the Jets secondary has a better bead on each ball thrown than our own receivers do? This sounds an awful lot like what happened when we signed Lawyer Milloy after the Pats released him and then we beat the Pats 35-3 that next week.

The other issue I see is with Fitz. Heres a guy who was a mediocre Ivy League 7th round QB who was never taught the mechanics of his position. Whatever he did in his reads, progressions, hand offs and throws was what came to him naturally. Was he perfect? We all know the answer to that, but now we bring in coach Lee to toy with Fitz's mechanics and expect that that will make him better? It may at some point, but what I think is happening is that now instead of Fitz naturally going through his motions on a play, he now has to think about who to throw to AND how to throw it. That second step of thinking about his mechanics is throwing of his timing and hurting his confidence in the process. The Chiefs game went better for Buffalo because Fitz didn't throw as much, but he looked just as sloppy when he did throw as he did during the Jet game. The Bills may want to rethink whether to toy with his mechanics. I truley believe its doing more harm than good.

Sorry I didnt post this sooner.

I don't know how plausible the Hagan theory is. Fans like to assume that all these players are jumping at the chance to stab their former employers in the back, and as a fellow human being, I can't fathom a universe where that's consistently the case. Especially since the team that signs him then knows he's a canary, thus diminishing the trust they then instill in him.

Yea, I don't buy the Hagan theory for even a fraction of a second. They never signed him. Why would he give info to a team that didn't even offer him a contract. I can give a few more reasons why the Jets beat the Bills so bad, yet they were able to come back and perform against the Chiefs-all more likely reasons then the Hagan is pissed at the Bills theory.

1. As much as Bills fans on here don't like him, Big Mouth out coached Chan Gailey and his staff. Better game plan.

2. Against the Chiefs, the large amount of terrible passes thrown by Fitz, were hitting the ground, whereas against the Jets they were hitting defenders in the hands.

3. Mark Sanchez (as much as people on here hate him), played maybe the best game of his career, meanwhile Cassel pretty much sucked.

4. Against the Jets our special teams gave up a big return. Against the Chiefs our special teams got the big return.

5. And maybe the most important difference: Against the Jets we had 4 turnovers and the Jets had one. Against the Chiefs we had ZERO turnovers and the Chiefs had 3.

I think Sanchez played a great game because of the heat he was feeling with Tebow breathing down his neck. He had to come out strong and shut down any thoughts of Tebow chants...

We were also outcoached....

We were expecting more wildcats , Tebow, and running attack (as they had killed us on the ground in the past)

Rex went the other way and threw the ball. Sanchez was on his game.

Throw in turnovers and special teams mistakes and Jets kill us.

I still think Fitz is a sub par QB and last season was an illusion.

We need a better qb-without one you can only go so far nowadays.

If we lose to Cleveland and NE due to bad QB play-Fitz will be history and Tavaris will come in thru seasons end.

I don't know how plausible the Hagan theory is. Fans like to assume that all these players are jumping at the chance to stab their former employers in the back, and as a fellow human being, I can't fathom a universe where that's consistently the case. Especially since the team that signs him then knows he's a canary, thus diminishing the trust they then instill in him.

As Marv used to say (or maybe it was Bill Walsh?)...you could give the other team the exact play every down...but if it's executed like it's supposed to be it will not be stopped. just sayin'. i think these reports of guys tipping off their new team is overrated.

As Marv used to say (or maybe it was Bill Walsh?)...you could give the other team the exact play every down...but if it's executed like it's supposed to be it will not be stopped. just sayin'. i think these reports of guys tipping off their new team is overrated.

It wasn't Marv. It wasn't Bill Walsh. It was Pete Bell, @ approx 1:22 (NSFW)