Criticism of Wanny

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the part that bugs me. Had a poor game plan? Ok, it happens. But at least have the ability and confidence to recognize and change it immediately. Instead they got stuck in the 'let's stick with the plan and see if thing get better' mentality and by the time they recognize it's not working, the game was over.

There was a TON of that in the 2nd half last year...Just a TON of it...That's basically what cost Edwards his job...We'll see how much better it is this year...But it happened on Offense and Defense at times last year for sure...And now it happened in Week #1...

Personally I think on the Offensive side, in a terrible way, the David Nelson injury may be the best thing to happen to this Team...Not that they would not be better with Nelson because they would...But if this injury proves to be the catalist in truly balancing this Offense...then it's a plus in a weird way...The Bills are going nowhere as a Pass 1st, 5 WR spread base Offense because their QB is not talented enough to do it with consistancy...VERY few QB's are...If they can establish the Run 1st and foremost...Run more 2-TE, and 3 WR sets, being able to Run and Pass out of everything...Then I think they have a chance... B-)

Personally I think on the Offensive side, in a terrible way, the David Nelson injury may be the best thing to happen to this Team...Not that they would not be better with Nelson because they would...But if this injury proves to be the catalist in truly balancing this Offense...then it's a plus in a weird way...The Bills are going nowhere as a Pass 1st, 5 WR spread base Offense because their QB is not talented enough to do it with consistancy...VERY few QB's are...If they can establish the Run 1st and foremost...Run more 2-TE, and 3 WR sets, being able to Run and Pass out of everything...Then I think they have a chance... B-)

Good point. With David out, it may force Chan to drop the "cute" stuff and get down to basic Football that wins games.....

There was a TON of that in the 2nd half last year...Just a TON of it...That's basically what cost Edwards his job...We'll see how much better it is this year...But it happened on Offense and Defense at times last year for sure...And now it happened in Week #1...

Great post.

To add to the bolded, their receivers aren't good enough either.

The entire organization deserves criticisim for the Jets game. They did not prepare during the pre season. The first real game looked like the other pre season games. I am not sure what theiy accomplished during the pre season.. i do suspect though that they spent too much time on learning an overly complex offense most of which they will never use in the regular season;