Whoever Is President In 2013, The Economy Will

Look. All the puzzle pieces are out there in broad daylight. If you haven't put the pieces together yet, I don't know what to tell you. But this is a topic that you should have more respect for.

The Mayans don't play.

Wait...ok, my sarcasm detector isn't working tonight. Are you being serious?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should write a screenplay about the Mayans.

They're young hip 20somethings living in New York, 3 boys and 3 girls. They live in apartments across the hall and are just trying to live their love lives in the big city before Quetzalcoatl, Jesus, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster, all return to wreak vengance upon mankind for our sins of Global Warming® and doubting Obama.

Kind of like Apocalyptic Friends

I would, but Alan Ball beat me to the punch.

But he had inside knowledge.

Looks like libs see the writing on the wall and are preemptively making excuses for the failure of their ideology that will be painfully obvious once the economy is finally allowed to recover after removing Obama's foot from its throat.

They did, actually.

I'm not sure if this is excellent trolling on your part or just average trolling & the school is hungry enough to take the bait anyway, but either way it's highly entertaining watching them bite.

Looks like libs see the writing on the wall and are preemptively making excuses for the failure of their ideology that will be painfully obvious once the economy is finally allowed to recover after removing Obama's foot from its throat.

Out of curiosity what is the boot exactly? Obamacare? Small business tax for job creators paying the individual rate over $250K? Etc....

Out of curiosity what is the boot exactly? Obamacare? Small business tax for job creators paying the individual rate over $250K? Etc....

All of it. The runaway spending, stifling regulation, hovering housing markets, QE, Obamacare, uncertainty, etc.

There's not one key thing & I'm aware much of it isn't directly w/n his control but he has and has had a great deal of influence over the general direction & it's all geared towards tinkering.

Not just libs. Ever stop and think why this election cycle has been the most divisive and aggressive in our history? Look at what happens on this board, there has been a noticeable uptick in the hostility within the responses over the past 18 months. It's almost like we're being wound up like a children's toy. Remember those matchbox cars that had the motors in them? You would roll them backwards to wind the gears and when you let go the car would fly and the more you wound the gears, the farther the car would go. Doesn't it feel like we're being wound up?

And not just here in the US. Look around the rest of the world right now. We've got riots, civil wars and a media that has switched from information to entertainment -- giving them even more freedom to jack up the hype on every single issue. I mean, how else do can you existence of Justin Beiber or Rush Limbaugh? We're being manipulated. We're all inside that matchbox car right now and there's a giant unseen hand that keeps winding those gears and winding those gears and winding those gears. Just waiting for the moment they already know is coming (because they were told in advance) to let us go. And when they do, the matchbox car we're in is just going to go careening down the basement stairs, and we'll never be heard from again.

The funniest part about the whole thing was the Mayans knew. They tried to warn us. They left all the signs out there in plain sight for us to see -- we just didn't look. Because someone told us once that people who did look were "crazy". We're all so desperate to fit in no one wants to be the crazy one (but for Beerball) that we ignored it.

And now it's too late.

All of it. The runaway spending, stifling regulation, hovering housing markets, QE, Obamacare, uncertainty, etc.

There's not one key thing & I'm aware much of it isn't directly w/n his control but he has and has had a great deal of influence over the general direction & it's all geared towards tinkering.

Just to spark my memory (not being facetious here) you are libertarian man, correct?

Not just libs. Ever stop and think why this election cycle has been the most divisive and aggressive in our history? Look at what happens on this board, there has been a noticeable uptick in the hostility within the responses over the past 18 months. It's almost like we're being wound up like a children's toy. Remember those matchbox cars that had the motors in them? You would roll them backwards to wind the gears and when you let go the car would fly and the more you wound the gears, the farther the car would go. Doesn't it feel like we're being wound up?

And not just here in the US. Look around the rest of the world right now. We've got riots, civil wars and a media that has switched from information to entertainment -- giving them even more freedom to jack up the hype on every single issue. I mean, how else do can you existence of Justin Beiber or Rush Limbaugh? We're being manipulated. We're all inside that matchbox car right now and there's a giant unseen hand that keeps winding those gears and winding those gears and winding those gears. Just waiting for the moment they already know is coming (because they were told in advance) to let us go. And when they do, the matchbox car we're in is just going to go careening down the basement stairs, and we'll never be heard from again.

Most moderate people, leaning different direction...will agree w/ this. Koppel is on campaign as any O'Reilly viewer know to try and make his point against this....he isn't the first and won't be the last and he won't succeed.

If I must be labeled I suppose it's as close as any, although while principled I'm not terribly dogmatic.

A while ago I posted a number of things I felt were noble movement to position us for the next century and you said you agreed with most (or at least some) of them...but might not agree with "my position on how"...do you have the patience/time/energy to address this now? (if not btw...that's fine...even if you continue to post tonight it's not like everyone always wants to get into that sort of discussion at all times so this is not a "call out" or anything like that you can simply say "not now" and no problems w/ me)

Sadly, I think you're right.

There is a way out for some. At least, that's what I'm starting to hear. Whispers really, but there might be some opportunities to stave off the inevitable. Just know that everything you're about to hear over the next few weeks, specifically anything regarding NASA or Paul Allen, is a bold faced lie.

Most moderate people, leaning different direction...will agree w/ this. Koppel is on campaign as any O'Reilly viewer know to try and make his point against this....he isn't the first and won't be the last and he won't succeed.

I don't know who your source is, but Koppel knows as much about this as my crazy Uncle Ned. Which is to say a lot. But that doesn't mean we can trust him. And don't get me started about O'Reilly, it's not even his real name.

There is a way out for some. At least, that's what I'm starting to hear. Whispers really, but there might be some opportunities to stave off the inevitable. Just know that everything you're about to hear over the next few weeks, specifically anything regarding NASA or Paul Allen, is a bold faced lie.

Not that it is anything "bold and fresh" or not talked about but have you seen the two interviews with O'Reilly and Koppel? You can find the O'Reilly interview Koppel clip on a google search and the Koppel interviewing O'Reilly clip on "rock center" website...both happened recently...general subject of the "debate" was what you posted above.

Not that it is anything "bold and fresh" or not talked about but have you seen the two interviews with O'Reilly and Koppel? You can find the O'Reilly interview Koppel clip on a google search and the Koppel interviewing O'Reilly clip on "rock center" website...both happened recently...general subject of the "debate" was what you posted above.

Think about that for a second. Why would they have such a debate on TV were people could see AND hear them. Koppel has been at this for decades, which makes you wonder how much he actually knows. If he knew too much, he'd be a liability. Especially when he went rogue in '05 and left that nickle and dime shop he was anchored to. No, he's no threat.

A while ago I posted a number of things I felt were noble movement to position us for the next century and you said you agreed with most (or at least some) of them...but might not agree with "my position on how"...do you have the patience/time/energy to address this now? (if not btw...that's fine...even if you continue to post tonight it's not like everyone always wants to get into that sort of discussion at all times so this is not a "call out" or anything like that you can simply say "not now" and no problems w/ me)

It's cool. I don't recall the specifics but generally speaking I think everyone agrees that infrastructure is an essential government function. Much of it is appropriate for government because the external benefits and capital investment required make it impractical to leave to the private sector. There's certainly room for debate over what level of government is most appropriate to undertake particular products. Where I assume we differ is that where logistics make it practical to charge those who use a service for its utility, those projects should be PRIMARILY left to the private sector because when that utility is sufficient to warrant such a project it will be profitable. It it's not profitable it ALMOST always means the overall cost to society outweighs the benefit & therefore subsidizing such a project is counterproductive and takes scarce resources that would have otherwise been used to create more utility and therefore the cost to society is the difference between the utility provided by the project and that which would have existed had those resources been more efficiently allocated. The problem is that it's easy to see the utility in the project that was undertaken, no matter how wasteful the capital investment may have been, while virtually impossible to quantify or determine what would have existed otherwise - same principle by which its easier to see the loss of an existing job than that of 2 jobs that would have been created but weren't.

Edited by Rob's House

Think about that for a second. Why would they have such a debate on TV were people could see AND hear them. Koppel has been at this for decades, which makes you wonder how much he actually knows. If he knew too much, he'd be a liability. Especially when he went rogue in '05 and left that nickle and dime shop he was anchored to. No, he's no threat.

The subject matter of Koppel's story and one that O'Reilly was willing to talk about was what you were talking about. That's all I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less. Since I saw you posting that tonight and I saw that little exchange this week i though I would ask.

I don't know who your source is, but Koppel knows as much about this as my crazy Uncle Ned. Which is to say a lot. But that doesn't mean we can trust him. And don't get me started about O'Reilly, it's not even his real name.

He's really a leprechaun with Giantism.