ques CHAN able play calls

patfitz

I wonder sometimes if "Charlie Chan" Gailey tries to outsmart himself. That revers call to Dickerson on the TD drive could have been a killer, and using Brad Smith in the Wildcat on a first down from their own 20 yard line resulting in a loss is another example of trying to be smart but acting dumb. I also wonder if it was Chan or Fitz that called for the pass to Stevie J. that ended in a TD.

Trick plays now and again for fine, got no problem with them.

What tweaked my guitar string was why he threw on 3rd and short and ran on 2nd and long.

His play calling still makes my scratch my head.

Oh, I'm sure it's been said but Potter's kick was into the wind, not his fault.

Their kicker got one 8 yards deep going the other way...

You clearly didn't watch carefully enough. It had NOTHING to do with KC sniffing out the play but rather just poor execution on Brad Smith on either the exchange to CJ or tucking the ball away from CJ so he can run himself. Wildcat is actually a low risk play. Not a bad playcall with the lead we had.

Using your same logic, should we never throw a pass from the 20 yard line if Fitz throws an interception?

I guess its better to try these plays when you are up 21 points rather than down 21.

I guess its better to try these plays when you are up 21 points rather than down 21.

Actually they ran 3 plays before that in wildcat all at different points in the game prior to trying it 21 points ahead. 2 out of 3 sucessfull with 3 different looks out of that formation. The 4th one is on Smith, not on the playcall.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I wonder sometimes if "Charlie Chan" Gailey tries to outsmart himself. That revers call to Dickerson on the TD drive could have been a killer, and using Brad Smith in the Wildcat on a first down from their own 20 yard line resulting in a loss is another example of trying to be smart but acting dumb. I also wonder if it was Chan or Fitz that called for the pass to Stevie J. that ended in a TD.

The wildcat needs to go it's only a liability now, it's like we are always two steps behind when it comes to league trends.

The wildcat needs to go it's only a liability now, it's like we are always two steps behind when it comes to league trends.

At this point the Bills need all different avenues on offense. Fitzpatrick was bailed out by Spiller and the Defense today. If not for the 21 point lead, Fitz would have had 2 INTs.

At this point the Bills need all different avenues on offense. Fitzpatrick was bailed out by Spiller and the Defense today. If not for the 21 point lead, Fitz would have had 2 INTs.

this is true but our wildcat is terrible, When Freddie comes back a little wishbone could get a few big plays. Hell I think Fitz should run the option once in awhile he's a good runner, it would work.

Wildcat is just as safe as a playcall as a run and they had success running out of it showing different looks. It was the execution of the play just like it would be if a running back fumbles. Using your same logic, anytime a running back would fumble or loses yards it's a poor playcall.

The way they were running the wildcat was an accident waiting to happen. The snap, Spiller and Smith practically meet at the same time, and a fumble or miscue is guaranteed at some point. Yes it could work, but every play should work if perfectly executed, but they aren't. The wildcat run like that was risky, and when risk wasn't needed. And yes, BBF, I saw the play.