Jamaica vs USA - WC 2014 Qualifier

ajzepp

This is maddening! We're completely dominating them but can't get the ball in the net. They absolutely RAPED Gomez in the box (that sounds bad) and the announcers and the fans were screaming for a PK, but the damn refs....then their keeper makes two back to back saves that were just SICK...and since then we've just been unlucky.

I have to say, I was questioning Klinsi's decision to go with Gomez over Altidore, cause I'm a fan of Jozy, but based on tonights efforts Id say Hercules has earned it. His timing is fantastic and his set pieces have been stellar. Jamaica's luck will run out soon at this pace, no doubt.

This is maddening! We're completely dominating them but can't get the ball in the net. They absolutely RAPED Gomez in the box (that sounds bad) and the announcers and the fans were screaming for a PK, but the damn refs....then their keeper makes two back to back saves that were just SICK...and since then we've just been unlucky.

I have to say, I was questioning Klinsi's decision to go with Gomez over Altidore, cause I'm a fan of Jozy, but based on tonights efforts Id say Hercules has earned it. His timing is fantastic and his set pieces have been stellar. Jamaica's luck will run out soon at this pace, no doubt.

Did Bradley play?

I didn't see him when I was watching, but I only saw about 15 mins....a couple of new guys were out there, though....Zosi or something like that. Saw Dempsey, Gomez, Bonehead Bocanegra....dont remember seeing Bradley.

I didn't see him when I was watching, but I only saw about 15 mins....a couple of new guys were out there, though....Zosi or something like that. Saw Dempsey, Gomez, Bonehead Bocanegra....dont remember seeing Bradley.

Good. He needs to stay in shape for serie A:)

WOW, what a goal!!! Doesn't surprise me at all that it was Gomez who scored it....the guy was just tearing it up in the part of the match I saw.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1156992/u.s.-men-avenge-jamaica-loss-on-gomez-goal?cc=5901

Good game for USA. And without two of their most important players, Donovan and Bradley.

Really got robbed on several chances in the first half. Hit the wood three separate times plus a couple great saves from the Jamaican keeper. Could easily have been 3-0.

Nice to see very good performances from Gomez and Cameron (solidifying their spots for the WC) and from Zusi (beginning to make his case).

I've seen enough of Tores. Klinsy, please no more.

I don't know what the deal is with Jozy, but he's been garbage in all his chances with the national team for about two tears now. At this rate, it's possible that he will not be a factor in Brazil 2014.

If Donovan gets his head out of his arse and stops whining about how the game isn't exciting for him anymore, this could really be a potent team. 2014 will be the first world cup where I will EXPECT them to win at least a game or two in the knockout round. This team is talented, and with several of them having the opportunity to refine their game abroad, and with Klinsmann in charge, there should just be no excuse to not have a solid showing.

WTF. There is some super important soccer game every friggin week of the year. Didn't they just play Jamaica like 3 days ago??

Takes a long time to get 200 teams down to just 32 for tourney.