Possible new Bills bar in NYC

BeastMode54

Hey everyone, I've been a longtime poster on the board now and am looking for some input. I used to go to MCFaddens every week to watch the Bills and have been to Kelly's as well. But I have two friends who currently own a bar in the West Village (which is a Bears bar) and they will be opening another in the beginning of October on the East Side on 17th and 3rd. They are both from Ireland and hold no allegiance to any team. I asked them jokingly if they could make it a Bills bar, and they said if I could guarantee around 40-50 people every week they would have the Bills on most all screens and the sound on the Bills. It's a nice sized bar as well and thought I might as well try and help them out. Over 10 screens as well and food with drink specials. Would any of you be interested, or even live in the area? I thought this would be a good place to try and recruit as I only know a small number of Bils fans in NYC. Please let me know and I'll try to get it organized as a Bills bar as soon as they open. Any suggestions would be helpful as well.

Ok great, If I'm able to get more like you they have no problem doing it. They just want to make sure they have a decent crowd and I've told them Bills fans come to watch win or lose. So I'll keep note of people who are interested and I'll let them know after a while how many I think will show. Thanks again!

IS that gonna be the new Nevada Smith's? Across from Penny Farthing?

Just found out it is. But this bar will be open sooner. Maybe go there for the few weeks before the one on 13th and 3rd opens. The owner I'm friends with is very friendly with him and just found out she had no idea he was going to make it Bills b ut recognized what a huge fan he was

I live in Brooklyn and would definitely be interested in a McFadden's alternative. I know there are others out there that would, but I'm not sure what the best way to advertise is. They should definitely mention it on their Yelp page and do some magic with their website so a google search makes them return. Guaranteeing 40-50 right off the bat might be tough, but who else is going to a bar on Sundays? I hope they are successful.

I'm in Brooklyn and would definitely be down, ESP if it was ok to bring a kid (some bars aren't cool with that, but we'd always spend some money on food if the place serves it).

Bonnies is a Bills bar, Park Slope, allows kids, and has great wings!

Bonnies is a Bills bar, Park Slope, allows kids, and has great wings!

I like their wings, but park slope is kind of a haul from greenpoint, and I always end up having to sit near that blazing hot kitchen behind the bar. Plus they turned off the bills and sabres for the Yankees while i was there on separate occasions because the bartender wanted to watch them. That pissed me off.