If Only Harvey Were Here

patfitz

Back in the good old days before Ralph was on life support and was both financially and emotionally invested in the team's affairs he would not hesitate to can a coach even in the early part of the season. Inevitably he would call on his old pal, director of Player Personnel, Harvey Johnson to assume the reigns and the Bills might even somehow manage to win a game with sad sack Harvey at the helm. I kind of miss those days, sad to say.

Back in the good old days before Ralph was on life support and was both financially and emotionally invested in the team's affairs he would not hesitate to can a coach even in the early part of the season. Inevitably he would call on his old pal, director of Player Personnel, Harvey Johnson to assume the reigns and the Bills might even somehow manage to win a game with sad sack Harvey at the helm. I kind of miss those days, sad to say.

I think Gailey's HC future is more on life support than RWS. HJ might've at least paid respect to Bills fans by chewing out the high paid/low performing players on the sidelines. Even if HJ wasn't coaching material, as a pesonnel director, he got better players with less resources than Nix and Co. have.

I'm not too big of a Chan fan, but he is surely capable of producing more wins than Harvey friggin' Johnson.

True, but given CG is a "seasoned" coach, and HJ was a front office guy, and he only needs 3 wins to match HJ, it ain't saying much. However, HJ knew how to find players better than Gailey (Thigpen, really) or the current staff of "experts". He found many of the key players in the 60's championship teams, and was competing directly with the NFL for them.