Some thoughts about the Bills/Jets game

jahnyc

1. Team was unprepared and out coached on offense, defense and special teams.

2. The Bills gave the Jets something they lacked going into this game: confidence in Sanchez. Very unfortunate that we could not convert the Sanchez interception into points. May have changed the entire complexion of the game and the Jets confidence in Sanchez.

3. Our corners (Gilmore, Williams and McKelvin) looked horrible today. Not sure why the Jets receivers were open all of the time, regardless of the down or situation. I am really worried about Williams. I have doubts whether he should be playing. Kind of surprised that Gilmore played as badly as he did. I know he is a rookie, but he looked really bad today. Teams have all three of these guys to exploit this season, and McKelvin has been a target for years. Can't hide these guys, they can be isolated and taken advantage of.

4. Overall, our defensive play was horrible. One of the worst overall performances I can recall.

5. Was there a defensive game plan? No pass rush hurt. Rush defense was okay, but I often noticed that Sheppard had been blocked five yards from where the defensive stop was made. The Bills could not get off the field. Ever. Why did the secondary look so lost all game? I don't think they made one pass break-up all game. They were playing yards from the receivers and they were beat badly on every pass play.

6. On offense, what kind of game plan targets Revis and Cromartie? Should have thrown away from them to Chandler, Nelson and the running backs. A poster recently posted whether the Bills had the two best corners in the NFL. They do not (not even top 30), but the Jets do, and it showed today.

7. Moorman punted poorly today.

8. Not sure what to say about Fitz. Just a really bad game. Same with Byrd.

9. Not sure if Landry was the one who hit Jackson, but I noticed that Landry did make some dirty plays during the game. I thought the hit on Jackson was dirty.

10. Best play of the game for the Bills was Chandler giving Ryan a bit of an elbow as he was going out of bounds.

11. Stevie did not look right to me today. We do not have the wide receivers (other than Stevie) to really challenge defenses.

12. We made Stephon Hill of the Jets look like an all pro. He looked raw, lost and overall pretty bad during preseason.