[closed]Why Russell Wilson starting is a BAD move

djp14150

Russell Wilson starting for the Seahawks is a bad move...hear is why....

1. Their schedule. They have a difficult first part of the season. they play 5 road and 3 home. the road are all at their division foes and at detroit and carolina. Their 3 first home games are the hardest in the NFL (Cowboys, Packers, Patriots)

2. name a rookie QB who started the teams first game and took them to a 10+ win season that wasnt Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco?

3. His confidence could be shot or a QB controversy could result. Another Strock/Woodley....

A much better situation would be for Flynn to start. When the team falls behind or struggles due the difficulty of who they play then they could put Russell in the second half of the season when the schedule is easier.

I'll bite;

Their team is built to win now. In cases like that, you start the best QB. Wilson is their best QB.

What you're describing is more like a case where a team clearly isn't going to the playoffs and wants to bring their rookie QB along slowly. Doesn't apply here.

Also, I wouldn't worry about this kid's confidence. Have you ever heard him speak? Confidence might be his strongest attribute.

Why can't he be another Ryan/Flacco? Similar circumstances in terms of team make-up if you ask me.