New to TV this season?

Anybody heard about new gadgets, bells or whistles being added to the NFL viewers' television experience this year?

I know they're gonna review ALL turnovers, so that means more commercials.

I'm just wondering if there is any technology improvements or other changes to the game this year , whether on the field or in the production booth.

It's been discussed a bit here but the NFL.com's Game Rewind, where you can watch all the games online during the week is going to also offer what was always called "Coach's Tape" or film or All22. It's the end zone view that the networks were not allowed to broadcast. That is a major advance for fans watching the games. It's $70 for the whole season but a great deal, IMO. I had it last year without the all22 and loved it.

I'm not really sure why they never made it available before except used a few plays a week on a couple replay shows likeNFL Matchup

It's been discussed a bit here but the NFL.com's Game Rewind, where you can watch all the games online during the week is going to also offer what was always called "Coach's Tape" or film or All22. It's the end zone view that the networks were not allowed to broadcast. That is a major advance for fans watching the games. It's $70 for the whole season but a great deal, IMO. I had it last year without the all22 and loved it.

I'm not really sure why they never made it available before except used a few plays a week on a couple replay shows likeNFL Matchup

How does that work, Kelly?

As a customer you don't get to pick the camera angles do you?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

How does that work, Kelly?

As a customer you don't get to pick the camera angles do you?

On that you do, yes. You can watch the whole game, or any play with the all22. They also have a little 10 second jump button so you can jump up to the next play. Plus they have a condensed version of the game where u can watch every play in 30 minutes. And if you have an iPad they just came out with the iPad app for it and the picture is amazing.

It's really a great deal. This year I think they have three versions. They have all games for $40. All games of your favorite team for $30-35. And all games with the all22 view for $70.

On that you do, yes. You can watch the whole game, or any play with the all22. They also have a little 10 second jump button so you can jump up to the next play. Plus they have a condensed version of the game where u can watch every play in 30 minutes. And if you have an iPad they just came out with the iPad app for it and the picture is amazing.

It's really a great deal. This year I think they have three versions. They have all games for $40. All games of your favorite team for $30-35. And all games with the all22 view for $70.

Dog, I don't see the Game Rewind app yet in the App Store -- are you talking about the Preseason Live app?

Dog, I don't see the Game Rewind app yet in the App Store -- are you talking about the Preseason Live app?

I could be wrong but I think it will be available for the season. I'm pretty sure the preseason app was just finished. They advertise the Game Rewind app on nfl.com for the season, and then it says "Coming Soon" next to it. The preseason live looks just like game rewind and works the same. I just assume they are putting the finishing touches on the app and it will be ready for opening day.

I could be wrong but I think it will be available for the season. I'm pretty sure the preseason app was just finished. They advertise the Game Rewind app on nfl.com for the season, and then it says "Coming Soon" next to it. The preseason live looks just like game rewind and works the same. I just assume they are putting the finishing touches on the app and it will be ready for opening day.

Right -- I've been all over the Preseason Live app in the pinned thread; just hadn't seen Game Rewind in the App Store and wondered if you saw differently. Thanks.

Thanks Kelly!