Canada U.S.A Hockey World Cup

millbank

Team USA is getting absolutely hammered. I think the 'Nucks have 14 scoring chances to 0 for the US. Am I a bad American for not minding seeing the pack of ashholes we put on the ice(and behind the bench) get it handed to them by Team Canada?

And who is that braying jackass ESPN put in the booth with Thorne? I can hardly watch the game with that idiot running his piehole. I can't believe I'm wishing for Bill Clement. <_<

Team USA is getting absolutely hammered. I think the 'Nucks have 14 scoring chances to 0 for the US. Am I a bad American for not minding seeing the pack of ashholes we put on the ice(and behind the bench) get it handed to them by Team Canada?

And who is that braying jackass ESPN put in the booth with Thorne? I can hardly watch the game with that idiot running his piehole. I can't believe I'm wishing for Bill Clement. <_<

13703[/snapback]

Canada 2 - U.S.A 1 its close on score board half way thru second

So Canada  win  2 - 1,  I wonder what would the difference have been if they played the game in a U.S A site somewhere like Philli of even Buffalo nothing like having the home crowd behind you.......

13888[/snapback]

And then we wouldn't have to listen to those stupid Ole, Ole, Ole cheers. Aren't they soccer game cheers anyhow?

Warning: Canadian post

In the first period, the Canadians completely dominated the game and Esche made a few spectacular saves to keep it close.

After the first period, I thought it was pretty close, but BORING hockey. All of the intensity seemed to die away and the game got chippy with lots of clutching and holding (both sides).

It might be that they don't have their skating legs yet, but it did not look like the world's best teams out there tonight.

Considering it was a preliminary round game and had nothing to do with the outcome of the tournament, it was a great hockey game. Tons of hitting, a fight, bunch of pileups, #66 scrapping? WTF? Why can't all games be as good as this one and as good as this tournament will be? Enjoy it now because the NHL goes dark on the 18th.

Warning: Canadian post

In the first period, the Canadians completely dominated the game and Esche made a few spectacular saves to keep it close.

After the first period, I thought it was pretty close, but BORING hockey.  All of the intensity seemed to die away and the game got chippy with lots of clutching and holding (both sides).

It might be that they don't have their skating legs yet, but it did not look like the world's best teams out there tonight.

13963[/snapback]

Dude, did you fall asleep for the second period. That was some intense hockey being played. Are you sure you're not European and turned off by all the physical play? Or is it because the Americans took it to the Canadians for the second half of the period?

Considering it was a preliminary round game and had nothing to do with the outcome of the tournament, it was a great hockey game. Tons of hitting, a fight, bunch of pileups, #66 scrapping? WTF? Why can't all games be as good as this one and as good as this tournament will be? Enjoy it now because the NHL goes dark on the 18th.

14001[/snapback]

Dude, what are you talking about. Everyone says the preliminary is meaningless but I heard that if US comes ahead of Canada than the Quarterfinal game would be in St.Paul rather than Toronto. I didn't hear it until late in the game, so it kinda of made it a more dramatic finish.

And then we wouldn't have to listen to those stupid Ole, Ole, Ole cheers.  Aren't they soccer game cheers anyhow?

13893[/snapback]

Didn't see the game, but it was played in Montreal, correct? Guessing that wasn't "Ole" you heard, but "Allez". (French for "Go". Never could figure out why they do the "Go Habs Go" chant in English.)

Saw the highlights on Sportscenter. Glad to find out Canada wore those jerseys to honor a specific team - didn't think they'd design something that hideous without some good reason....

Dude, did you fall asleep for the second period.  That was some intense hockey being played.  Are you sure you're not European and turned off by all the physical play?  Or is it because the Americans took it to the Canadians for the second half of the period?

14008[/snapback]

The two teams don't like each other, but that hockey was sloooow. Are you sure you're not American, because a few guys holding and pushing each other around is wrestling not hockey? :unsure:

On a more positive note, if you thought that was good hockey, wait until next week.

The two teams don't like each other, but that hockey was sloooow.  Are you sure you're not American, because a few guys holding and pushing each other around is wrestling not hockey?  :unsure:

On a more positive note, if you thought that was good hockey, wait until next week.

14226[/snapback]

The first was entertaining, with the Canadians really taking it to Team USA. The 2nd was a bit slower, and the third, especially later in the third, was fun to watch as Team USA tried to tie the score.

I realized last night that Team USA is overall pretty old. After scanning The Hockey News' rosters, their seems to be a smaller youth infusion with Team USA than other teams. I also realized that there are far more players I enjoy watching on Team Canada, Sweden, Czech Rep, and Germany than on Team USA.