What makes Stevie Johnson so good?

7th round talents usually have to work their way up. If you're expecting 7 years worth of production in two years of being a starter, then you're going to be disappointed.

Its also possible that his talents weren't as desired by the previous regime.

He's two years into his real career so far. No one here is staging he's the greatest Bills WR. But we are saying he's good *so far*. And *could* be great given *time* (which you seem unwilling to give him).

we agree actually dorkington, but if you read what i wrote its 100 percent true based on fact, also i stated, if he continues to play well, then great, i like him, but no matter what people think, SJ is doing it with guile, not speed height and power, like most big time WR's

we had a reciever here who had similar if not better numbers for a two year stretch, BillY Brooks. He was our #1 by default, like stevie became when we shipped out Evans. Brooks had skills that werent used until we had to use them. And he shined, but no one will ever mistake Brooks for an all time great or a true #1 or some extremely special talent like the OP is suggesting.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why, but Stevie reminds me of another Steve...Largent. Am I totally off base here? Probably, but SL was slow and should not have been open as much as he was. Whenever I see Stevie run a route I picture SL. :blink: I'm having a brain scan tomorrow to see if my short term memory is defective.

Future Rep. Stevie Johnson? ... I think he's gonna have to adjust that moniker to be elected... ohhhh! run a ROUTE... I thought you said run a CAMPAIGN...

SL and his compatriot Jim Zorn were two of my favorite (non-Bills) NFL players when I was growing up.

seriously, with that comment, you receive THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMmQkNT65Do

we agree actually dorkington, but if you read what i wrote its 100 percent true based on fact, also i stated, if he continues to play well, then great, i like him, but no matter what people think, SJ is doing it with guile, not speed height and power, like most big time WR's

we had a reciever here who had similar if not better numbers for a two year stretch, BillY Brooks. He was our #1 by default, like stevie became when we shipped out Evans. Brooks had skills that werent used until we had to use them. And he shined, but no one will ever mistake Brooks for an all time great or a true #1 or some extremely special talent like the OP is suggesting.

You seem utterly focused on physical attributes. Hopefully he'll grow a couple inches and gain more speed to appease you. :)

I see Johnson as the poor mans Hasek of the gridiron. Hasek becamo one of the best ever by presenting an endless stream of false targets to shoot at. Apparent openings that were totally covered and were merely a mirage. Johnson's game is similar. He has an uncanny ability to "sell" a move and strings of moves he has no intention to make. Once he sells a fake move he finds himself wide open. Johnson's game is similar to Hasek's by being highly predicated on deception and false commits. Johnson is also similar to Hasek since both have to be freakishlly flexible to make their game work.

I see Johnson as the poor mans Hasek of the gridiron. Hasek becamo one of the best ever by presenting an endless stream of false targets to shoot at. Apparent openings that were totally covered and were merely a mirage. Johnson's game is similar. He has an uncanny ability to "sell" a move and strings of moves he has no intention to make. Once he sells a fake move he finds himself wide open. Johnson's game is similar to Hasek's by being highly predicated on deception and false commits. Johnson is also similar to Hasek since both have to be freakishlly flexible to make their game work.

A truly unique take on it. Great post. Let's hope SJ earns an equivalent nickname in the NFL as DH did in hockey...