Buffalo Bills Training Camp Report: 7/27/2012

Brother, thank you!

What an incredible effort. Great pictures great shots and you have put it all up here for us to dig.

I just went through the slide show. in some ways it's is better than being there because you have caught the players in such a way that gets missed during action.

i can only hope we get more good Sir Mike. :thumbsup::worthy:

Thanks! I'm glad you appreciate it.

Great report, thanks for posting it. It seems to me the offense is ahead of the defense or is the defense just kind of taking it easy so the offense can get some synergy going?

The offense is slightly ahead of the defense, but I also think the defense is also going slower paced without the pads and with no hitting. Next week, I bet they pick it up.

I think it takes longer for a defense to come together, and there's also the fact that since there aren't pads they can't be as physical as they would normally be.

I do want to keep an eye on Tank since he had a great first day. I would love it if he somehow won a starting spot.

Exactly, plus they are doing a different defense from last year. People need to keep that in mind. I'm definitely keeping an eye on Tank. He seems to be around the ball quite a bit. I'd love to see him challege for the starting job. But also keep an eye on Moats. He's done really good in coverage and looks like he could push for more time.

From your two posts, it appears McKelvin still has clubs for hands.

Yeah, he definitely does!

Another great, detailed report. While Chris Brown does a very good job of covering the Bills, your reports are the one's the Buffalo Bills should be using on their website. Thanks again for the hard work!!

Thanks for the compliments!

i wonder if chris white can beat out kirk?

and just let tank start or nigel

I can't see White beating him out...but possibly Moats or one of the rookies. I guess I'll have to keep more of an eye on White.

If Morrison loses his starting job, IMO it will be to either Bradham or Moats. Have been hearing really good things about Moats....especially in coverage.

I agree with this comment. But I could see Tank over Bradham. He's been a beast so far.

Thanks Mike! A lot of good info!

I am still wondering how much Coach Lee is working with Fitz between plays and throughout practice?

I havent really paid attention to that. I will definitely keep an eye on them.

Thanks to TheKickIsGood, I know all the guys' numbers from the pictures without even thinking about it haha.

Good point. I noticed some names I didn't know thanks to his countdown! :)

Edited by Mike32282

I havent really paid attention to that. I will definitely keep an eye on them.

I would be worried if it is just Fitz out there slinging the ball. As he has admitted himself, he has been caught in that style of play for years. Surviving on natural abilities v. learning the game. I am hoping Lee is giving him a lot of feedback to improve his play.

It seems to me the offense is ahead of the defense or is the defense just kind of taking it easy so the offense can get some synergy going?

You can see on lots of the BB.com video that the defensive players have to let up before the play "is over" because they can't really hit anyone… so there are probably a handful of plays during each team drill that end up successful for the offense that wouldn't have been had it been real, live play.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

You can see on lots of the BB.com video that the defensive players have to let up before the play "is over" because they can't really hit anyone… so there are probably a handful of plays during each team drill that end up successful for the offense that wouldn't have been had it been real, live play.

That's a GREAT point! I noticed several times where this was the case.