O-Line situation at this point

San-O

As of right now, the starting line is: Glenn/Hairston-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Pears. Hairston and Glenn will battle for LT with the loser backing up both OT spots. Rinehart will be backup at both OG spots. As for backup center, it will likely be Colin Brown. The question is whether they keep a 9th OL, and if so, who?

That's likely correct.

The only slight change I would assume is that with Glenn being a rookie they will only saddle him with the responsibility of learning and practicing on one side. So even if Hairston were to win the starting LT job, if an injury were to occur to Pears they may move Hairston to RT and start Glenn at LT.

Nix gave some interesting perspective on the backup line positions a few weeks ago.

You only keep 7 lineman active on gameday so you would like the two backup linemen to be able to play multiple positions on the line in order to be useful. Hence you would like a player that can play either center or guard and a player that can play either tackle. For tackle they're clearly trying to groom Hairston, which is why he's getting reps on both sides. For center/guard, it's up in the air. Rinehart can play guard but if the center goes out then Urbik would have to switch to center with Rinehart at guard disrupting two positions which is not ideal. I get the feeling that the staff would love to see Rinehart beat out Urbik so that he can be guy at RG with Urbik as the swing interior lineman. If Rinehart can't beat out Urbik and Brown can show that he can play guard then he has a very good chance to challenge for the gametime backup spot over Rinehart, IMO.

Good point. Rinehart starting would be ideal, assuming he's the better of the 2.

That's likely correct.

The only slight change I would assume is that with Glenn being a rookie they will only saddle him with the responsibility of learning and practicing on one side. So even if Hairston were to win the starting LT job, if an injury were to occur to Pears they may move Hairston to RT and start Glenn at LT.

Good point and what I should have said and have said in the past. Thanks for clarifying that.

Good responses/knowledgeable posts in this thread. I was uncertain and looking at the situation with some doubt, however now

feel pretty good about the O-line going into the season, and backup/depth as well.

This could be the best prepared O-line the Bills have had in a long time, assuming the key guys are ready for camp, which

it seems like they will.

:thumbsup: