#2 Receiver

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, from what I have seen of all the candidates, Hagan has looked by far the best and most consistent. Jones, can't catch, we all know that. Easely has proved nothing to this point, except that he has suspect hands. He would really have to prove he is worthy to have a shot at that #2 spot. I doubt that will happen.

Hagan has been playing with the 1st team in SJ's spot, and by all accounts has been the best WR on the field. I would actually be shocked if he doesn't emerge as the #2, barring a FA signing. Hagan may not be anything special, but he has decent speed, decent hands, and runs decent routes. The closest any of those guys is to a complete receiver (Which you need to be, to be a starter). I think he could hold down that spot in this offense.

I thought Hagan played great at the end of last season for us - I just think we are nervous about Raiders castoffs since Langston cost us a lot of $. I actually think Hagan is BETTER than Stevie

when chan talks about wr blocking ability hes not talking primarily about run blocking, hes talking about downfield pass blocking. the bills system is heavily invested in blocking by the wrs to support rac yardage. they throw short and middle range passes that are architected to get a high amount of rac yardage. to do that you need wrs who are willing and able to stick their nose into lbs chests, which is why they like jones and why they shipped out evans