(LAMP)I come to the wall seeking automotive info

The Poojer

AGAIN!!!!! :(

as usual my car is acting up, and unless it is a wet windshield, i am completely clueless as to what the problem is. so here goes.

when i step on the gas from 0-50 there is a lot of "holding back". the car just does not want to go, it eventually does get up to speed. over 50 mph it seems to run much better but i can feel some accelleration and decelleration occuring. I am praying it is simply a tune-up which i can fumble my way through the replacing of plugs, but what about o2 sensors and fuel filters, are they replaceable by imbeciles? btw it is a 92 plymouth voyager. someone please help with some free, good advice? thanks mucho!

Try replacing the fuel filter .

It's about in the middle (just behind the front door) underneath and secured to the "frame"

and if memory serves on the passenger side

if the o2 sensor is bad you would have a light on

you can check your computer codes by turning on the key (not starting) turning it off , on , off then on and leaving it on

the check engine light will flash out a "morse code " type of thing

count the flashes then a pause and count again ( 3 flashes , pause 7 flashes = code 37)

you can then check the codes in a manual ( I bought a Haynes manual for caravans at autozone)

but it sounds like a fuel problem

another quick fix , try spraying the coil , distributor and wires with wd40.

this usually fixes any ignition problems

and don't be shy spray it on thick