Fitzy VS Manning

and now we have a Defense

When you think about Fitzpatrick, you have to address this point. The Bills offense was absolutely dynamite at the beginning of last season. Top-5 in the NFL. However, they had to be. The defense couldn't stop anyone. For all the negative nancy's out there saying we didn't get "X" or "Y" player, you're simply ignoring the fact that the Bills addressed their weakest link this off season (finally!). Mario and Mark are huge upgrades at DE. Our draft is exactly what it needed to be. I'm excited for this season and to see what Fitzpatrick can finally do when he's put in a position where he doesn't feel like he has to take the team down the field and score on every possession. The QB coaching situation is vastly improved as well.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the bills traded Eli for fitz we could be world class too, take off the fan goggles bro I stand by all my statements. NYG snuck past Cowboys week 16. They were hardly world class. Hot in playoffs yes world class no.

Exactly. In case you Giants lovers forgot, Eli the "great" led his team to whopping 8-7 record last year before they played Dallas to sneak into the playoffs.

In 2007 they lost 6 regular season games as well. That's a combined record of 19-13 for the two years they got the rings. We all know about their defense, so if that's worth a few wins over two seasons (conservatively) then this is a .500 offense.

Eli is a good game manager and has played awesome in the playoffs in 07 and last year. If they didn't have Cruz drop down from the heavens I don't think they make the playoffs last year, he was a ridiculous game changer.

The one thing I like about Eli and Fitz is they don't care about how many picks they throw, if their team is down and they need a play and it's 3rd and long they're letting it fly and hoping their receivers come down with it instead of taking a sack and protecting their ratings which I'm convinced some qb's do. Eli is better at the long ball in my opinion, they both are pretty fast, Fitz is tougher, Eli has an awesome hard count that he saves for those 3rd and 4's and gets a few each game it seems.

If I had to choose a qb I'd pick Eli for sure but for those of you who think Fitz is just a backup, let's see how he plays with a strong defense and a healthy offense first.