why is this article in the local section of the post?

...because the editors of the national section didn't think it was worthy of their section, and the local guys did?

Please. 120 guys who are pretty much convinced that what they say should be heard by all on a daily basis...keeping honest to God secrets? Ridiculous. Especially when the topics are things like: who should be Vice President. :lol:

This is the country club, and no, not the "we own car dealerships, flower shops, or are doctors" country club. This is the real deal, "nobody wants to be thrown out for even the slightest hint of impropriety" country club. Bilderburg, the ultimate resume builder/relevance maintainer. :lol:

...because the editors of the national section didn't think it was worthy of their section, and the local guys did?

Please. 120 guys who are pretty much convinced that what they say should be heard by all on a daily basis...keeping honest to God secrets? Ridiculous. Especially when the topics are things like: who should be Vice President. :lol:

This is the country club, and no, not the "we own car dealerships, flower shops, or are doctors" country club. This is the real deal, "nobody wants to be thrown out for even the slightest hint of impropriety" country club. Bilderburg, the ultimate resume builder/relevance maintainer. :lol:

best answer so far...but not very convincing. these guys need a country club like a dysentery patient needs an enema. for the most part, they are genuflected in front of by everyone around them. most (with the notable exceptions of mitch daniels, john edwards, a young blair and charlie rose) have little to prove. they've already won. now they have to protect the winnings and for some strange psychopathological reason, attempt to become even more powerful.

money? lots of entertainment and sports stars have plenty but they frequently can't stop papparazi from snapping embarrasing pictures at intimate events like weddings and funerals. but these guys throw a big party discussing serious global issues every year and nobody but a few rag tag amateur journalists and photographers are there to report and document.

try again.

Edited by birdog1960

best answer so far...but not very convincing. these guys need a country club like a dysentery patient needs an enema. for the most part, they are genuflected in front of by everyone around them. most (with the notable exceptions of mitch daniels, john edwards, a young blair and charlie rose) have little to prove. they've already won. now they have to protect the winnings and for some strange psychopathological reason, attempt to become even more powerful.

money? lots of entertainment and sports stars have plenty but they frequently can't stop papparazi from snapping embarrasing pictures at intimate events like weddings and funerals. but these guys throw a big party discussing serious global issues every year and nobody but a few rag tag amateur journalists and photographers are there to report and document.

try again.

Ok, but remember, you asked for it. I originally included this next section in the post above, but I figured you would say what you did, and, I didn't want to hear "post too long", etc.

When you say what you said, it merely reminds me that you've been where you have, and I have been where I have. You haven't really been around truly powerful people. I have. And, I have had the benefit of being there by request, not by compulsion. Therefore, I understand the game, as I was there as an objective observer whose reason for being there was to solve problems, not genuflect.

The interesting thing is that, while your "psychopathological" conclusion is blatantly false, your analysis of "protect the winnings" is accurate. It's just a game, nothing more. However, it's a game that can have serious consequences if you lose, and, it's a game you can never truly win. The main objective, is to keep playing.

I can prove it with real world examples, but that's a long post. :D

Ok, but remember, you asked for it. I originally included this next section in the post above, but I figured you would say what you did, and, I didn't want to hear "post too long", etc.

When you say what you said, it merely reminds me that you've been where you have, and I have been where I have. You haven't really been around truly powerful people. I have. And, I have had the benefit of being there by request, not by compulsion. Therefore, I understand the game, as I was there as an objective observer whose reason for being there was to solve problems, not genuflect.

The interesting thing is that, while your "psychopathological" conclusion is blatantly false, your analysis of "protect the winnings" is accurate. It's just a game, nothing more. However, it's a game that can have serious consequences if you lose, and, it's a game you can never truly win. The main objective, is to keep playing.

I can prove it with real world examples, but that's a long post. :D

with indiscreet, crass statements like this, you've efectively refuted your own contention of insider status in elite society.

with indiscreet, crass statements like this, you've efectively refuted your own contention of insider status in elite society.

No, I haven't. :rolleyes: Your first mistake is assuming that the "insiders" are anything other than crass and indiscreet. :lol: Why do you think they like me so much?

Seriously, as I said above, I wasn't an insider, nor did I have any wish to be, or illusions that I was. I was there because I was asked to be, and certainly not because I was interested in genuflecting my way inside. Normatively, moving around with these people was no different than moving around in the sewer I was in once...I was there because of the job.

Which one to tell...hmmm. How about this? Are you a golfer? Perhaps I should tell you about Pine Valley? Now, before I do, understand, it pisses most "real" golfers off. The stories do, but not as much, as the very indiscreet and, completely irreverent way I tell them. :lol: The "I took a piss on the third hole" is always good for lulz. I couldn't care less about their pretentious little game, and, as member of one club or another most of my life, I usually have just as much if not more reason to be pretentious about it than they do. At the very least, it's not like I have no context.

That's why it's fun to tell the Pine Valley stories: I've done something multiple times, that "serious golfers who respect the game" :angry: couldn't care more about, but will never do, and I...couldn't care less. :lol:

Now, to cut to the conclusion without telling the story: If I told these serious golfers....that they could play Pine Valley once a year, but, while they could tell people where they were going, they weren't allowed to talk about what happened? Yeah, they'd all sign up immediately, and do whatever they could to make sure there wasn't even a hint of them mouthing off.

But then, they'd be in the game, and then, somebody would ask them if they like the mahi mahi sandwich at the clubhouse at Pebble Beach....

No, I haven't. :rolleyes: Your first mistake is assuming that the "insiders" are anything other than crass and indiscreet. :lol: Why do you think they like me so much?

Seriously, as I said above, I wasn't an insider, nor did I have any wish to be, or illusions that I was. I was there because I was asked to be, and certainly not because I was interested in genuflecting my way inside. Normatively, moving around with these people was no different than moving around in the sewer I was in once...I was there because of the job.

Which one to tell...hmmm. How about this? Are you a golfer? Perhaps I should tell you about Pine Valley? Now, before I do, understand, it pisses most "real" golfers off. The stories do, but not as much, as the very indiscreet and, completely irreverent way I tell them. :lol: The "I took a piss on the third hole" is always good for lulz. I couldn't care less about their pretentious little game, and, as member of one club or another most of my life, I usually have just as much if not more reason to be pretentious about it than they do. At the very least, it's not like I have no context.

That's why it's fun to tell the Pine Valley stories: I've done something multiple times, that "serious golfers who respect the game" :angry: couldn't care more about, but will never do, and I...couldn't care less. :lol:

Now, to cut to the conclusion without telling the story: If I told these serious golfers....that they could play Pine Valley once a year, but, while they could tell people where they were going, they weren't allowed to talk about what happened? Yeah, they'd all sign up immediately, and do whatever they could to make sure there wasn't even a hint of them mouthing off.

But then, they'd be in the game, and then, somebody would ask them if they like the mahi mahi sandwich at the clubhouse at Pebble Beach....

sounds pretty unlikely...but if you say so.

there's a pretty exclusive club round here. some well known athletes and national businessmen are members. no bilderberg types but mostly members who'll get hit with the estate tax when they pass on to the next tee. they have titleist pro v1's as range balls. a papal bull was posted threatening expulsion for anyone caught stealing them from the range because so many had gone missing. not heard about anyone pi$$ing in the plush zoysia fairways though.

there's a pretty exclusive club round here. some well known athletes and national businessmen are members. no bilderberg types but mostly members who'll get hit with the estate tax when they pass on to the next tee. they have titleist pro v1's as range balls. a papal bull was posted threatening expulsion for anyone caught stealing them from the range because so many had gone missing. not heard about anyone pi$$ing in the plush zoysia fairways though.

We real golfers piss in the woods, not on the fairways & greens.

there's a pretty exclusive club round here. some well known athletes and national businessmen are members. no bilderberg types but mostly members who'll get hit with the estate tax when they pass on to the next tee. they have titleist pro v1's as range balls. a papal bull was posted threatening expulsion for anyone caught stealing them from the range because so many had gone missing. not heard about anyone pi$ing in the plush zoysia fairways though.

Oh I love it when they call me a liar. See, I have to care, in order to lie. Why bother otherwise? I don't care, so I have 0 reason to lie. I'm not the one trying to impress people with my pretentious game, and my adventures in it, remember? They are. :lol: All I was, was a guy who happened to live above a blue blooded, ex-stock broker/SEC-banned stock broker, now full-time caddy, and all-time alcoholic...whose blue blooded family got him the job at Pine Valley. Yeah. It really started out as silly as all that.

I would never piss in a fairway. That's just classless. But, I didn't get a chance to go before I went out...again, work, and so, I had to piss in the trees. Well...behind one. :bag:

Look when you got to go, etc. But, you'd think I took a dump on the steps of the Capitol the way some people lose their schit over that. Don't tell me you've never "lost your ball" and took a leak.

Oh I love it when they call me a liar. See, I have to care, in order to lie. Why bother otherwise? I don't care, so I have 0 reason to lie. I'm not the one trying to impress people with my pretentious game, and my adventures in it, remember? They are. :lol: All I was, was a guy who happened to live above a blue blooded, ex-stock broker/SEC-banned stock broker, now full-time caddy, and all-time alcoholic...whose blue blooded family got him the job at Pine Valley. Yeah. It really started out as silly as all that.

I would never piss in a fairway. That's just classless. But, I didn't get a chance to go before I went out...again, work, and so, I had to piss in the trees. Well...behind one. :bag:

Look when you got to go, etc. But, you'd think I took a dump on the steps of the Capitol the way some people lose their schit over that. Don't tell me you've never "lost your ball" and took a leak.

yet you don't see the irony in 7 figure net worth individuals stealing 30 bucks worth of balls?

yet you don't see the irony in 7 figure net worth individuals stealing 30 bucks worth of balls?

Not really. I've seen 7-9 figure guys steal just about everything, some of them, and others...leave money with everyone they meet.

I think that if you put a guy out there selling balls, they'd just as likely buy them. Especially if everyone else was doing it :D It's less about the money, and more about the convenience. Now, if you did it for charity, and simply covered the cost of the balls.....man, they'd all buy them, because I've never seen a guy like that, moral or immoral, miss an opportunity to expense something/write it off. :D

I imagine that if you went to the local public course, you'd see people stealing along the same patterns.

Morality has no relationship to money, for every poor Good Samaritan, you are just as likely to find a rich one.

That I do know, because that, I have seen.

Not really. I've seen 7-9 figure guys steal just about everything, some of them, and others...leave money with everyone they meet.

I think that if you put a guy out there selling balls, they'd just as likely buy them. Especially if everyone else was doing it :D It's less about the money, and more about the convenience. Now, if you did it for charity, and simply covered the cost of the balls.....man, they'd all buy them, because I've never seen a guy like that, moral or immoral, miss an opportunity to expense something/write it off. :D

I imagine that if you went to the local public course, you'd see people stealing along the same patterns.

Morality has no relationship to money, for every poor Good Samaritan, you are just as likely to find a rich one.

That I do know, because that, I have seen.

exactly...and why we should be worried about bilderberg.